Surgery is Done - I'm Home Recuperating

BKTGS
on 2/20/16 11:59 am
VSG on 02/18/16

Went without a hitch.  I came home today.  Strict clear fluids diet.  The only hitch is the bloating, with swollen feet and hands.  Had problems with voiding.  The hospital staff says this is normal and to give it a couple of days.  Now the journey begins.

(deactivated member)
on 2/20/16 2:40 pm

Congratulations. Glad it went without a hitch. Good luck with your journey.

JudithJohnson
on 2/20/16 4:02 pm
VSG on 12/03/15

Welcome to the loser's bench! I had swollen feet and was bloated as well but it was mainly from the insane amount of fluids they pumped into me during surgery. Rest, sleep, walk, sip, and sleep some more. Only good things from here on out!

Judith, 46, surgery date  12/3/15

SW: 317 CW: 210 GW: 180

psychoticparrot
on 2/20/16 4:26 pm

Three mottos for sleeve surgery recovery:

"I know I'll do well."

"Expect the unexpected."

"It's only temporary."

Just be sure to keep at those liquids and keep moving. Don't let yourself slump in a corner feeling sorry for yourself. I did that and it resulted in two ER visits in the first two post-op months. Good luck!

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

BKTGS
on 2/21/16 1:24 pm
VSG on 02/18/16

Thanks for the support everybody.  Now for my hearty meal of low-sodium beef broth.

BKTGS
on 2/29/16 10:08 am
VSG on 02/18/16

Had to go back in the hospital last Thursday - I was severely dehydrated, and it triggered an atrial flutter.  They gave me lots of fluids and did a cardioversion, which means they shocked my heart into producing a regular heartbeat.  I thought I was taking enough fluids.  Guess I was not.  I made some broth from this concentrated stuff, and I did not add enough water, and it gave me the runs something awful.  I must have been in the throes of dehydration then.  The next day when I went to the Bariatric department for my followup, I barely had enough energy to walk, so they sent me to emergency.  I feel much better now, and am now measuring the about of water I consume - nothing less than 64 ounces per day.  Phew.  Dodged a bullet.

(deactivated member)
on 1/18/17 5:03 pm

Hi BKTGS,

How have you been coming along?

Most Active
Recent Topics