Support System

(deactivated member)
on 2/20/16 9:26 am

Hey guys!

I was wondering if there was anyone who would be willing to swap numbers or whats app or Line, so we could speak as a group or one on one as a support group?

As I am the only one I know who has done the surgery or with a food addiction, it would be amazing to be able to talk to people easily (texting) about the struggles we are facing as soon as they happen and get support through those time.

It may sound crazy, but I feel like I can't be the only one who like an addict is contemplating grabbing that chocolate bar, or sinking their face in a high crab meal, and regretting it right away afterwards. I think talking to someone while it is happening could help talk you out of the situation and get your head clear and back on your goal.

Just a thought. 

acbbrown
on 2/20/16 9:57 am - Granada Hills, CA

Sent you a message. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

psychoticparrot
on 2/20/16 4:32 pm

Overeaters Anonymous might be the perfect fit for you. Just as in AA, you choose a sponsor, with whom you'll stay in contact regularly and who will be there (at 2am if necessary) when the doughnut urge hits.

OA treats junk-carb addiction as an addiction just as real and devastating as alcoholism and drug addiction. So, no, you don't sound crazy at all! And you're not "like an addict"; you are an addict. Just as I and many others here are, at least in my opinion.

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

Most Active
Recent Topics