Sleeve on Wed still in hospital ..

(deactivated member)
on 2/19/16 11:11 am - Uxbridge, MA
VSG on 02/17/16

This is the first time I felt well enough to update. The gas and nausea has been insane. TThey are not kidding when they tell you that you will feel like you have been hot by a truck. My JP drain is still in and I can't advance diet until I get 4oz fluid down in an hour. Almost there but I will not pu**** as I can tell when I am. They gave me a popsicle a bit ago and it was like heaven. I am doing everything right so if I have to stay the extra day then so be it. THE staff at Leonard Morse Hospital here in Mass have been so amazing. I keep thinking what did I do to myself ...but then I come on here and remember why I have decided to do this. I celebrated with the passing of gas as well as burping lol . Well I will update again when I break outta here.. thanks again for all the love and support xoxo

LosinginAZ
on 2/19/16 12:07 pm

I too had horrible nausea and had to stay in the hospital longer than I planned, but it passed and it was pretty instant. All of a sudden I was just fine. For me the pain medicine was making me sick, so maybe that could be the same for you? Once I stopped the dilauded, I was fine. Dont worry, it gets easier! :) 

Age: 34 / Height 5' 8" / Starting weight July 2015: 446.0 lbs / Surgery Date & Weight: 1/19/16 - 320.4 / Lost pre-op: 125.6lbs / Goal Weight: 180 lbs

(deactivated member)
on 2/19/16 2:25 pm - CA

Thanks for updating us!   It will get easier, I promise.   Hang in there.  

Nik

Sammy_85
on 2/19/16 5:18 pm - Canada
VSG on 01/19/16

I had horrible nausea as well that was caused by the pain med Tramadol. Within a couple of hours of stopping that and starting on a different pain med, the nausea went away completely. I'm sure if you are having continual nausea, they'll take a look at your pain med and maybe switch it up. Just hang in there! It gets a little better every day. It will all be worth it in the end. 

msecanales
on 2/19/16 6:34 pm

I also had to stay an extra day due to nausea! It was horrible. Even the next day, I was still vomiting blood. They were able to send me home because they gave me all kinds of IV medications but as soon as it wore off and I was at home, I couldn't even hold down the anti nausea meds they gave me to take. Every day got better. I carried a bag around with me everywhere so I could spit in it. I am doing great almost 4 months post op.. I promise it will get better. Hang in there!

Age:31| Height 5', 5"| VSG on 10/26/15 | Starting Weight: 277 | Current Weight: 153| WL so far: 124 lb | Goal Weight: 155

JudithJohnson
on 2/20/16 5:17 am
VSG on 12/03/15

Good to hear from you! It gets better. I know everyone says that but it really does. I was insanely nauseous and had a lot of dry heaving, but luckily gas was not an issue for me at all. Hang in there!

Judith, 46, surgery date  12/3/15

SW: 317 CW: 210 GW: 180

psychoticparrot
on 2/20/16 4:57 pm

Everyone's experience is different. Once your nausea and gas have subsided, you will do fine. In the meantime, think of all the weight you're losing!

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

Most Active
Recent Topics