Question about post surgery diet...

ds123
on 2/19/16 10:58 am

Actually, it might as well be a question about the rest of my life! Is popcorn gone forever once you're sleeved? I love popcorn. A lot. I can do without soda and carbonated beverages and sweets are not my kryptonite. Any insight?

Bufflehead
on 2/19/16 11:20 am - TN
VSG on 06/19/13

I can eat it without getting physically sick, if that's what you mean. It isn't a good choice for me though. I would strongly encourage avoiding popcorn and any other "kryptonite" food until you have reached your goal weight and maintained it successfully for at least six months.

acbbrown
on 2/19/16 11:26 am - Granada Hills, CA

I love popcorn and have eaten my share plus some since surgery but since a small bag never satisfies me (there's no amount of popcorn that I'd be satisfied with - I just want to eat and eat and eat it) popcorn has been added to my "do not touch list" - I make a commitment every morning to avoid popcorn among other things. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

LosinginAZ
on 2/19/16 12:14 pm

I am with you. I cannot get enough popcorn! So I do not buy it, ever. Popcorn and peanut butter are off limits 

Age: 34 / Height 5' 8" / Starting weight July 2015: 446.0 lbs / Surgery Date & Weight: 1/19/16 - 320.4 / Lost pre-op: 125.6lbs / Goal Weight: 180 lbs

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 2/19/16 12:39 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

I can eat it without any issues.  That's the problem.  I can eat A LOT of popcorn and never feel full.

It's not a good food choice.  In fact, it's a terrible one if it's a trigger for you.  It's a carb that will make you crave more carbs.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 2/19/16 3:17 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

ANY "kryptonite" should be a no-go after surgery. You don't need the calories, and if you get careless you can eat too much and feel sick.

That's precisely why cookies of any kind are not allowed in my house.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Sandra F.
on 2/22/16 6:16 am

I absolutely love popcorn and do indulge in it sometimes.  I do make sure to do it only sometimes though.  I don't believe in total deprivation from the foods I love and prefer trying to maintain a balance of moderation.  I did not eat popcorn for about 6 months after surgery though.

Most Active
Recent Topics