Submitted to Insurance....

Darcy G.
on 2/18/16 2:25 pm
VSG on 04/07/16

My approval-seeking package was either submitted today or yesterday, if I understood the email correctly from the Nurse Navigator...

So, in a couple weeks, I'll know whether or not all my hurdles have been successfully navigated. I'm actually more nervous about this than I was waiting to see if my editor was going to buy my first book... and I had to wait for much longer on that.

Right now, in order to try and keep my sanity, I keep reminding myself of what I managed to do in the lead up to this.

• Lost 85 pounds.
  • Wearing jeans that are 5 sizes smaller than they were, and the size which I last wore when I was 18. (23 years ago O.o-- I was always a big girl.)
  • Reduced pressure setting on my CPAP, and converted to an auto-cpap today so that the pressure won't get way too high again as I continue to shrink
  • Getting around super easy by comparison
  • Can do 30 minutes on the elliptical if I don't push myself to Mach 1.0
  • Just. Feel. Better.

I'd like to say that I will continue on the path to success if i don't have the surgery, but I don't believe it so I'm not saying it. What I will say is I feel hopeful about getting the weight off for the first time in... Well, probably ever.

Will let y'all know when I hear something. Keep your fingers crossed... :)

Program Start Weight 346 | Surgery Weight 282 | CW 217 | 5'-6.3"

High Weight 376, about a year before program. I gave up diet pop(and all pop), dropped 30 pounds without trying, and kept it off. Now convinced Carbonated Beverages. Are. Evil.

DISCLAIMER: My posts often have weird typos... Because I use a tablet or Kindle to access the forums despite how much I suck at tablet typing. Apologies!

acbbrown
on 2/18/16 5:44 pm - Granada Hills, CA

Wow congrats on your success so far!!! You have done amazing!!

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Darcy G.
on 2/18/16 6:06 pm
VSG on 04/07/16

Thank you :) It's been a slog.

I'm also pretending I haven't been in a stall the last couple weeks... or just ignoring it because it gives me the sad-pandas. I get on the scale daily, no movement... But I guess that's at least better than upward movement!

Most Active
Recent Topics