9 months and 5 days out and I still can not eat meat? Looking for some support!

hermosa12
on 2/17/16 8:57 pm, edited 2/17/16 1:00 pm

Hi there,

I am 3 months after sleeve and I can eat a steak with no problem,,,,Not a whole steak but about 1/2 a small ribeye cut  in very small pieces . You can try maybe some kinda sauce or ketchup to see if that helps it go down easier and chew and chew like my nut says at least 10 to 15 times.

I have tried to have a 1/2 of a small hamburger but the bread and lettuce,tomatoe are to much for me so I usually end up only eating the patty with cheese.

I eat a very small portion of spaghetti but I make sure I cut it up with a knife so it goes down easier.

When I eat chicken it has to be chicken breast shredded up and it has to be very moist. Love bean and cheese burritos but I can eat maybe the 1st small bite or 2 then I end up opening it up and eating the beans and cheese only otherwise I get full to fast. And I used to love flour tortillas .

I used to like certain vegetable but my taste changed after surgery but I love tangerines cut them up in pieces and suck the juice out of them...I am addicted to them .

Good luck to you and I hope you speak with your Dr or nut if you continue to have problems with  eating meat.

Minkey
on 2/17/16 9:36 pm

I'm six months out with the sleeve and still have problems with the denser meats like beef.  I had some chili I made with 90% fat free beef and could only take 2 bites.  Listen to your new stomach and don't try to pu**** to eat something it doesn't want.  Get a smaller plate (I bought some luncheon Correll plates) and it will look like you're eating as much as everyone else using dinner plates.  If you can only eat a bite or two, only make beef tips and eat one or two and freeze the rest. 

To P.
on 2/18/16 4:39 am

Thanks all!

It is so nice to get support here on this forum!

I had some lamb with mint jelly (jelly was used for lube) and veggies last night and although it was only a small chop, I was able it eat it all using the small small small bite method! I pretended it was a baby "Porterhouse" and it was so satisfying being able to fini**** I really think that has alot to do with my reaching out for help. Just to be able to finish a meal! 

I felt so grown up again! LOL.

THANKS AGAIN FOR THE ADVICE AND  HELP!

TOM 

diane S.
on 2/18/16 12:08 pm

One way I was able to eat meat after 6 months or so was to poach a chicken breast. Then I would cool it and chop it finely in the food processor. Then I would get a portion of hot chicken broth and add a spoon or two of the chopped chicken. Having the chicken finely chopped and in broth made it easier to eat. One chicken breast will last for quite a few meals. You may have to  eat different food than your family. And skip the pasta.  bites of meat should be very tiny and chewed beyond recognition.  Don't force it.   Sometimes tuna and white fish goes down easier than denser meats. Have you tried any veggie burgers?   gl   diane s

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Most Active
Recent Topics