Post surgery concern.

ubserved
on 2/15/16 1:22 am

Hello peeps, I have a question. I am 3 months post op and since the surgery I have had a consistent pain in the tail bone area. If I sit for a reasonable amount of time, about 30 minutes, it becomes more and more painful. I have to consistently adjust my position and that really doesn't help that much or for long. Once I stand up, or if I go lay down in bed, I'm fine. I know it's not a matter of weight loss, being I was fine up until surgery and not fine over this issue right afterwards. I wonder if the hospital bed had something to do with it. It was less than comfortable. I probably would have been just as comfortable on the floor. Anyways, I just switched insurances as of Jan 1st. and I expressed my issue to my new doctor and he went to the step of having several x-rays taken from different angles and the x-rays came out fine. Has anyone else had this issue and if so what was done about it? This is a pain my rear I would really like to remedy lol. Also on a side note, I was pre-diabetic prior to surgery, now my A1C is a little under 6 which is still on the higher side of the normal range but still in the normal range. (Does happy dance)

Wanda1118
on 2/15/16 2:37 am
VSG on 07/09/14

Hi..I think many of us have had this..I did and sometimes it still bothers me and I am 1 1/2 year post op..Nothing was or is being done about this..It does get better as time goes on..congrats on your recent surgery and welcome to the losers bench

Paula1965
on 2/15/16 5:38 am
VSG on 04/01/15

I wonder if you might have a bruised tailbone, possibly from the positioning or moving around of your body during/after surgery? I just had gallbladder surgery 10 days ago and my tailbone hurt like the dickens for about 5 days post-op!

5' 4" tall, HW: 242, SW:215.4 Weight Loss - pre-op: - 26.6, M1: -15.4, M2: -16, M3: -11.4, M4: -11.2, M5: -12.2, M6: -7.4, M7: -7.8, M8: -2.0 Goal of 130 lbs. reached at 8 months, 2 days post-op!

ubserved
on 2/15/16 10:54 am

Glad yours ended after 5 days, mine has been every day since surgery and that was on 11/17. 

LosinginAZ
on 2/15/16 7:31 am

I have been experiencing this too! Feels like my tail bone is broken :( 

Congrats on your A1C! :) 

Age: 34 / Height 5' 8" / Starting weight July 2015: 446.0 lbs / Surgery Date & Weight: 1/19/16 - 320.4 / Lost pre-op: 125.6lbs / Goal Weight: 180 lbs

White Dove
on 2/15/16 9:13 am - Warren, OH

This is just my instinct and experience.  I think it is nerve and muscle damage from the way you were positioned during surgery.  I woke up with numbness and pain in my left thigh immediately after surgery.  They could find nothing wrong.

Through trial and error I found that capsaicin cream got rid of it. 

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

SilverGirl2015
on 2/15/16 11:29 am

I am having the same problem the past week or so - by my surgery was 6.5 monthes ago.  I've been thinking that maybe the weightloss is making me sit differently.  Don't know but hope it goes away soon for you and me both.

ubserved
on 2/15/16 12:00 pm

I hope it improves for you too. My issue started after I had surgery, had no problem before surgery. It was like a switch was flipped. Now even seating on a well cushioned recliner, I have to have a pillow under me as well and that doesn't even help that much. It's so irritating.

LosinginAZ
on 2/15/16 8:17 pm, edited 2/15/16 12:16 pm

If you find out what it is,  let me know.  I am having the same issue and it is painful. I went to the movies tonight and had to turn on my side. Thank god the theatre has recliners.  Driving to and from work sucks and being at my desk all day really hurts. It feels broken. Just another fun side effect maybe? :P

Age: 34 / Height 5' 8" / Starting weight July 2015: 446.0 lbs / Surgery Date & Weight: 1/19/16 - 320.4 / Lost pre-op: 125.6lbs / Goal Weight: 180 lbs

ubserved
on 2/15/16 11:57 pm

Will do.

Most Active
Recent Topics