Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Saturday

psychoticparrot
on 2/13/16 7:22 am

Didn't start this thread yesterday. One of our guests came down with a gastrointestinal illness, no doubt brought on by something he ate or drank. We started him on Cipro (you can buy it over the counter in Nicaragua), had him drink lots of water and rest. This morning he's much better, which is good because he and his girlfriend are flying back to the U.S. tomorrow. So far, we've had three guests here in the past two months. Two of the three got sick, one needing hospitalization. My husband's been sick twice. I got sick once. We're batting almost 1000 here with poisoning ourselves and our guests. We're thinking of cutting our trip short. Nicaraguan food and water is hard on gringos, especially the "slightly older" ones!

B: 2 scrambled eggs, bit of fresh fruit

L: Probably the innards of a Subway sub -- bun goes to the stranded pigeon, if he's still there

D: TBD, mostly by how well our guest feels by then

W&V: On track and done

E: None except for nursing the sick

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

Karen D.
on 2/13/16 9:17 am - NY
Revision on 11/24/15

Cat woke us up at 5am.  Wasn't ready to eat so I had an early breakfast

Early: Atkins shake

B:  2 scrambled eggs / 1/4 of a toasted nan bread

L:  2.5 ounces chicken salad / 1/2 of an apple

D:  not sure yet - we are out and about this afternoon/evening so we'll see

V: done

W: WIP

E:  Used my dumbbells this a.m. - no excuse for not going to the gym but it's -1 and windy. Brrrr!

lxl_Miz_lxl
on 2/13/16 11:25 am
VSG on 01/11/16

Are you able to link the illness to anything in particular? 

Five more days until my follow up and I can have tuna, soft cheese, turkey and chicken deli meat.. yay! lol

B: java pro

S: chicken bone broth

L: greek yogurt with a scoop of inspire mixed in

D: pickled egg yolk and cottage cheese

S: tea with premier creamer or more broth

V/W: on track

E: does cleaning count?  ha

psychoticparrot
on 2/13/16 2:58 pm

English-speaking doc at hospital told us that four people can eat the exact same thing, and only one or two will get sick. There's no way of identifying the particular food. It all depends on the sturdiness of the individual's digestive and immune systems. Yay.

psychoticparrot

Bufflehead
on 2/13/16 11:36 am - TN
VSG on 06/19/13

Breakfast: chili lime chicken breast

Lunch: turkey meatballs w/ green beans & vodka sauce

Dinner: fisherman's egg with harissa & kale; roasted cauliflower

Snacks: apple, beef jerky, Greek yogurt

Water & vitamins - on track

Exercise - no, I need to get back on the stick!

(deactivated member)
on 2/13/16 1:16 pm
VSG on 12/17/15

Oh man the illnesses and issues you and your guest are having are not cool, sorry to hear that is happening.

B: Turkey breakfast sausage and a ricotta pancake with butter and sugar free Ihop syrup

L: Jack Daniels chicken strips and a mozzarella cheese stick

D: Jack Daniels chicken strips and a mozzarella cheese stick

S: If I am hungry about 14 (1/2 oz)  wasabi soy almonds but I'm trying to cut unneeded snacks

W: on track

V: Not yet but soon

E: Walking on my 45 minute lunch at work (thank goodness it's my Friday woo hoo almost the weekend)

Most Active
Recent Topics