My weird slump with eating is over?

(deactivated member)
on 2/4/16 2:18 pm
VSG on 12/17/15

I called into work yesterday because my grandpa had a heart attack and I went to the hospital to be with him (it was a small one and he is stable and they expect him to fully recover) and once visiting hours were over at the hospital because I was near it (it's 50 miles from my house) I went to Trader Joes for some groceries. I got stuff to make mozzarella stuffed meatballs in the crock pot (they turned out pretty good though I do know what I need to do differently next time namely way more seasoning than I thought I needed) and stuff to make Eggface's ricotta pancakes. I prepared both last night so my house smells so good and I when I ate this morning food actually tasted good and I had no nausea. I'm happy to report I lost 3lbs this week even though it's "special lady time" and I know I am retaining water. While I still have a long way to go, with every pound I see fall off on the scale I feel more sure I can remain strong in this journey and accomplish my overall goal weight. Going back to work today with super positive attitude that I can achieve my work goals as well (works been rough for a few months prior to surgery)  and my financial goals (paying off debt) before the end of the year. I want to grow not only in my health but as a person this year.

psychoticparrot
on 2/4/16 2:25 pm

It's fairly easy to stay on track with protein, water, and exercise when everything is going smoothly. It's when things go wrong, like your grandpa's heart attack (so glad he's recovering), that the wheels often come off the track and old, bad habits take over. Kudos to you for keeping your head and preparing the right foods to have on hand. More kudos on setting goals for improved health and well-being, too.

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

(deactivated member)
on 2/5/16 12:39 pm
VSG on 12/17/15

Psychoticparrot, I decided that I am the only one in charge of my destiny and I have to steer this ship or it will crash on the rocks. Food prep is one of the ways I control that destiny so I made the choice instead of buying bad food choices to buy good ones and make them so they were on hand. I don't want to emotionally eat ever again, I know what a twinky/chocolate/crap food binge does to my body and it's not who I want to be. So yes I was stressed about my grandpa but I didn't let that derail me. Thank you for your kind words.

rocky513
on 2/4/16 5:11 pm - WI

Woo Hoo!  Glad you're feeling better!

Thanks for the font change.... these "old eyes" can read your posts much easier. 

HW 270 SW 236 GW 160 CW 145 (15 pounds below goal!)

VBG Aug. 7, 1986, Revised to RNY Nov. 18, 2010

(deactivated member)
on 2/5/16 12:41 pm
VSG on 12/17/15

Rocky age is just a number it's how you feel that matters! That said I feel like an old woman sometimes (I've been told I am an old soul) hahaha. But thank you for your kind words.

(deactivated member)
on 2/4/16 7:07 pm

Glad things are going to well and you're feeling so positive. Keep that going and you'll be sure to succeed. 

(deactivated member)
on 2/5/16 12:43 pm
VSG on 12/17/15

Kairk, I decided it's just as easy to be positive as negative. I choose my attitude and reaction to situations and I am trying my hardest to choose positivity, doesn't mean I am not allowed to feel sad/down I just can't dwell in it. Thanks for your positivity and kindness.

NYMom222
on 2/5/16 9:26 am
RNY on 07/23/14

In the midst of trouble, looks like you had a great day. Prep is so key...helps keep us from making bad choices.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

(deactivated member)
on 2/5/16 12:46 pm
VSG on 12/17/15

NY prep is definitely key! I never go to work without good food choices in my bag/car. And the one day I forgot my lunch I went to the grocery store and got almonds and jerky. While I could have had fried chicken from the deli, that was calling my name, I knew it would only feel good temporarily. It's hard after almost 28 full years of eating whatever whenever, but it feels so good to make the right choice even when everyone else is making the wrong ones. 

Most Active
Recent Topics