I WantTo Cry

Lisa167
on 2/4/16 7:11 am
VSG on 08/14/14

You deserve a medal for getting through that - sounds like they made it really hard for you - I'm sorry.  The pre-op diet is probably the hardest part, will power wise.

But seriously, it's one day/week/month as we go.  That's what got me through.  In the big picture, it's just the blink of an eye.  You'll get through this, stronger and healthier. 

Lots of great advice in this thread :-)  We're here for you!!

KatnMac
on 2/4/16 8:34 pm
VSG on 02/15/16

I appreciate all of you! Coming home from work tonight and reading all of this has helped so much. You have all given me strength to keep going. It was just the boost I needed after last night.

familyof6
on 2/4/16 8:13 am

Wow, you are amazing, way to show resolve ! It's so hard to go to a restaurant and not eat, let alone have no one encourage/support you ! You should be extremely proud of yourself !!

KatnMac
on 2/4/16 8:35 pm
VSG on 02/15/16

Thank you. Your support means so much to me tonight!

Luvmygs
on 2/4/16 8:33 am
VSG on 12/04/14

I have to agree with Kairk, pre-op and post opt are the worst part of the journey. But now is the time to start changing your life style and eating habits to prepare you for whats ahead. It will get to the point where you can eat just about anything after several months post opt. But I like what someone wrote on the blog just recently, "weight loss surgery is not going to help you if you do not change your life style and eating habits." All I can say is "YES" its worth getting healthy again. You're going to look and feel amazing. Its so worth every struggle. Hang-in-there, you'll be able to enjoy many more Birthday's with your daughter.

KatnMac
on 2/4/16 8:44 pm
VSG on 02/15/16

I appreciate what you wrote about having to change lifestyle and eating habits. I'm going to have to work on my dependent relationship with food as well. Last night gave me the confidence that I can have control, not the other way around. I'm looking forward to participating in more physical activities, particularly running around with my little one. Thank you for the support!

GoBlueGirl1998
on 2/4/16 9:01 am - MI

It gets easier! I swear!! I come from a big polish family where food is the most important part of any celebration. It can be hard when you're family is pressuring you to eat! You stood strong and you should be proud of yourself. I bet your daughter had a wonderful 13th birthday & that is what is really important! Next year you will be able to join in and partake in dinner! This is the hardest part and post surgery for you will be onward and upward! You got this! 

Age: 40 Height: 5'8" Highest Weight: 325 Starting Weight: 291 Current Weight: 166 Goal Weight: 160

VSG 10/24/14 with Dr. David Chengelis

KatnMac
on 2/4/16 8:46 pm
VSG on 02/15/16

Thank you for the support and encouragement! My family plans everything around meals too..... Planing the menu is an event in itself! But I'll make new traditions with my kiddos. I just need to keep all of this positive attitude going that you have all helped me reach.

alouisa63
on 2/4/16 9:53 am - Farmington Hills, MI
VSG on 07/30/15

Six months out and I had to go to a birthday party last week.  I was pretty sure there would be nothing there I could eat so I packed a few things and left them in the car - if I needed them.  I was up fixing a plate for my mom when my 20 something nephew comes up and says "so you can eat regular food now."  "I could always eat regular food but this isn't mine, it's for Grandma."  He then asks what I was going to eat.  I waved a hand over the table and very nicely said "there is nothing here that I can... that I CHOOSE to eat."  He just gives me a stupid look and says "don't be like that."  "Be like what??  I can only eat so much in volume and have to meet my protein goals for the day. Chili dogs and chips aren't going to get me there."

So even after you have support from your immediate family and you're doing well, it's the rest of them you have to watch out for!  

One day at a time and you've got this!!

Starting Weight 375  SW 375 Height 5'9" 

KatnMac
on 2/4/16 9:05 pm
VSG on 02/15/16

I love, love, love what you said about the CHOICE to eat what you want. I spoke with my mom tonight too and she said I have her and my dads support as well. It's nice today feeling all the support, not only from my family, but from all of you here. You're an inspiration, and I hope I can get to where you are when six months out!

Most Active
Recent Topics