Wild Caught food

(deactivated member)
on 2/1/16 3:09 pm
VSG on 12/17/15

Kairk I agree I'm not a huge farmed salmon girl, I have canned salmon which I am sure is farmed but that's about the extent I will go to. My parents raised rabbits for butchering when I was little. I don't remember what it tastes like but I know my mom told me it was chicken (I loved the baby bunnies so she didn't want to upset me) when I was little and fed it to me. So I am assuming it's close in taste to chicken? I may have to try it again, I have some hunter friends who go for rabbits so maybe it's time to be brave and try it. I'm not like a huge animal activist or anything (though I believe animals deserve to live  happily outside and be killed humanely when it's time for butchering) but I do have a hard time thinking about cute animals being eaten. That probably makes me sound like a hypocrite (I don't mean to be) but bunnies are so stinking precious that I would probably feel a little bad haha.

MaggieL
on 2/1/16 3:33 pm
WLS on 11/17/15

Bass!

(deactivated member)
on 2/1/16 8:06 pm
VSG on 12/17/15

I agree! Delicious!

Oneillch
on 2/1/16 4:31 pm
VSG on 02/04/15

I grew up in Long Island, NY and my family was very into sal****er fishing. I would have to say my favorite catch was what was then known as LI Swordfish (aka Mako shark). Other favorites we fished for were tuna, stripped bass, bluefish (not a favorite but plentiful), flounder, fluke, and blowfish. As kids we netted blue claw crabs, dug clams, harvested mussles and scallops and combed the beaches for oysters. The ocean and bays were a smorgasbord!

(deactivated member)
on 2/1/16 8:03 pm
VSG on 12/17/15

Yummy! That's the life I want, all delicious protein coming from the sea. All these things sound delicious I am jealous you got to grow up in that.

NYMom222
on 2/2/16 12:27 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

I live and grew up on Long Island and was going to say the same thing... I remember my Dad ocean fishing for bluefish... and we used to go out and get clams and crabs...

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

lxl_Miz_lxl
on 2/1/16 5:06 pm
VSG on 01/11/16

Does hunting for good sales on meat count?  heh

We go to krogers for most of our seafood.. when we want stone crab or something they don't carry, we order online

I like wild boar, bison and elk.. we have no hunters in our family, so I hit up buffalo wild gal when we want game meats

(deactivated member)
on 2/1/16 8:10 pm
VSG on 12/17/15

Hunting for deals counts haha. I've never had wild boar is it similar to domestic pork?

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 2/1/16 5:17 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

My husband is an avid fisherman and goes on long trips to Mexico every summer.  Our freezer is packed with ahi tuna and yellowtail.  I could eat it every day, but for some reason he likes to share it with people 

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

(deactivated member)
on 2/1/16 8:11 pm
VSG on 12/17/15

That sound like heaven, other than the giving it away part lol.

Most Active
Recent Topics