Wild Caught food

(deactivated member)
on 2/1/16 2:41 pm
VSG on 12/17/15

MMMM Neesie you're speaking my language, crab (especially dungeness) is delicious. You lucky duck living on the coast. I don't know where I got my taste for all the ocean dwelling creatures other than maybe the fact I was born (but not raised) in Florida.

Neesie57
on 2/1/16 11:06 pm
VSG on 08/04/15

I live about 12 miles from the California Coast, and have my whole life.  When I was a kid we would do to Oregon every summer for a couple of weeks and my dad and us kids would spend a lot of time fishing, and crabbing.  Those were some of the best times of my life.  

Also, near the beach cabin we stayed in (it belonged to my Aunt and Uncle) there were wild blackberries growing everywhere.  We ate them every day, and to this day they are my favorite fruit.

5' 5" tall. VSG on August 4, 2015/ Starting weight 239.9/ Surgery weight 210.9/ Current weight 137.4/ Goal weight 140/ No longer overweight, now a NORMAL weight. Now that I'm at goal, it's time to move on to maintenance!!!!!!!!

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 2/1/16 2:20 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

I miss salmon so much! I grew up in eastern WA and the best part of the year is the copper river salmon run. Now I live in Arizona, and we're lucky to get any decent fish :(

I'm not much for venison steak, but venison jerky is really good! When you add a lot of salt and seasoning it isn't nearly so gamey.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

(deactivated member)
on 2/1/16 2:44 pm
VSG on 12/17/15

I may have to get my hands on some venison jerky then to see if I like it more. I would figure AZ wouldn't have much in the way of fish. You could always make a trek to your childhood home and stock up on delicious salmon. Washington does have some amazingly good wild life to feast on. I work in eastern Washington since it's right across the ID/WA border and WA pays better. 

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 2/1/16 2:52 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Oh that's too funny! We used to drive from Spokane to Coeur d'Alene to buy things like computers and whatnot because the sales tax was so much lower, go figure!

When I visit my folks, I bring them tamales. When they visit, they bring salmon. Just freeze it really hard, wrap it in foil and a towel, and hope security doesn't get too confused :-p 

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

(deactivated member)
on 2/1/16 3:02 pm
VSG on 12/17/15

Coeur d'Alene is my home town, I've lived here my whole life. I love it here, absolutely, but I work outside Spokane Valley in Liberty Lake. But I agree for shopping it makes sense for those in WA to come our way. How funny that you used to live super close to me. I wish you still did because we could meet up for lunch sometime and I could absorb all your sleevey wisdom. Did you do your surgery here or in AZ? Oddly enough I'm contemplating a move to AZ because it's where my boyfriend lives/works(Sierra Vista) and he can't really get good employment up my way.

Grim_Traveller
on 2/1/16 5:15 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

Coeur d'Alene! Long live the miners of '92 and '99! Screw Steunenberg!

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Grim_Traveller
on 2/1/16 2:37 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

The closest I get to wild caught meat is grocery shopping late at night in the bad part of town.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

(deactivated member)
on 2/1/16 2:48 pm
VSG on 12/17/15

Well that doesn't sound too safe Grim! No farmers market or specialty butchers around you I am assuming? If you can make a trip out Northern Idaho and Eastern Washington have some amazing wild caught foods. Plus it's beautiful around here in the summer (winter not so much in my opinion lol) and there is great camping/hiking/wilderness appreciating activities that are amazing. I can't wait until spring when it warms up to hike and mountain bike. I am not a winter person so you won't see me out enjoying the winter but if you are a skier/snowboarder there are amazing places here to ski as well.

(deactivated member)
on 2/1/16 3:01 pm

venison, elk, rabbit! YUM! I'm a land animal eater. Not so fond of water dwellers. However, I will eat wild salmon and a few white fish.

Farmed salmon will NEVER pass my lips - VILE! AKC!!!! 

Most Active
Recent Topics