going on 3 years

(deactivated member)
on 1/31/16 10:32 am

ABSOLUTELY! 

I've done the regain thing because I didn't get the whole eat like this forever thing. I've a few pounds more to get off and it's been quite a journey, but one I have absolutely no regrets over! I've learned more about my disordered eating because of VSG than I ever would have without it, and truly believe I have the tools to stay at a healthy weight for the rest of my life. 

Some of us just take a little longer to "get it". 

sweettooth58
on 1/31/16 4:25 pm - IL

Congrats on that. I am learning all over again and I know now that this is what i have to do forever....

Dan1962
on 1/31/16 3:07 pm - Syracuse, NY
VSG on 09/23/14

I weigh myself 4-5 times per week.  I also enter everything in myfitnesspal, and I still weigh 90% of what I eat.  Its a lifestyle change that must last forever.  That's my 2 cents for everyone :)

sweettooth58
on 1/31/16 4:26 pm - IL

Thanks..I know i have to hit the scale everyday again...

brownblonde
on 2/1/16 11:12 am

Ugh.  I so agree.  Starting over again.  

At least VSG gave me a chance, the only chance I had.  And it was easy...for a while.  But now some days I feel helpless.  Like so much as a glace at something fried will send the scale soaring.  

One thing that keeps me going is knowing that I am in maintenance and I will be, hopefully, for life.  So I must get up every day and keep on keepin' on.  Whereas dieting it was like--one more day of food fest and food funeral before I start NEXT MONDAY.  

No real insight here except yeah, we're going to have to work to be a healthy weight.  It sucks.  Like really really sucks.  And it's unfair.  And I KNOW not everyone has to work this hard.  And it's insanely crazy to me that I could have a large part of my stomach removed and paid exorbitant costs to do this thing and I still have to diet.  I have spent the better part of 4 years having this argument with myself.  And it doesn't help.  You can't argue with reality.  

The good news is:  I LOST THE WEIGHT AND SO CAN YOU!  And I know that if losing and maintaining is hard with the "tool" it would've been impossible on my own.  So it's doable now.  Hard.  But doable.  

sweettooth58
on 2/1/16 4:58 pm - IL

thanks for the pep talk..I know 2 days down and one day at a time...

Keep it up...

Most Active
Recent Topics