Tired of people asking

happyteacher
on 2/2/16 5:50 pm

People sometimes have difficulties with bouderies. For those types, it is time to be assertive. Make eye contact and simply let them know that you don't want to talk about it. Or, if that is a little too hard core come up with a standard line. Mine went something like this:

I am not really sure how much I lost. I also am not sure what has the bigger impact- surgery, medicinal side effects, diet, or exericise. Depending on what time period you look at one might have more impact than others, but over the long term they all just swirl together. (I am also a cancer patient- most folks would have just assumed the surgeries referenced was from that. I didn't correct them, as it just wasn't any of their business about the cancer issues nor the weight loss IMHO.)

Hang in there. I recall quite vividly feeling like the constant barrage would never stop. It does. It just takes a really long time. 

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Smallbites2015
on 2/3/16 6:05 pm

My boss suggested I tell people that it makes me really uncomfortable to discuss my weight because it's been a real struggle for me.

Smallbites2015
on 2/5/16 10:26 pm

And I did it I got my harrasser to stop.  I  poignantly telling her that is a very personal issue that is not something I really want to talk about or share with her.  That  even that at my heaviest no one would even think to ask me how much a weigh  so why think it's OK now ?  The other person in the room was like OK we won't  ask anymore .  She actually looked ashamed!

We'll see if it sticks or not .  Have a great weekend 

Laura in Texas
on 2/6/16 4:49 am

Good for you for standing up for yourself!!

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Most Active
Recent Topics