No losing pre op!

Maepalm
on 1/30/16 3:03 am

Yesterday was my fifth diet visit.  Alarmingly I am now four  pounds heavier than when I started.  Though I did not follow a diet vigilently in the beggining, I have the last month.  I have been replacing at least one meal a day with recommended protein shakes.  I have quit smoking and continue to increase my exercise as much as possible, which is. A task doe to a fib/tib fracture that I am still feeling the effects of from this summer.  Does anyone have experience with PA PPO blue?  So I stand any chance of being approved?  Any suggestions on how to drop enough in this last month?  Please help!

Bufflehead
on 1/30/16 3:36 am - TN
VSG on 06/19/13

Do you know how many calories, carbs, and grams of protein you are getting every day? If you can share that here, people can probably give you specific advice. If you don't know, my suggestion is to start knowing -- get a kitchen scale and a myfitnesspal (or similar account) and start tracking religiously. Aim for a high protein, low carb, low calorie diet.

Maepalm
on 1/30/16 3:52 am

I use my fitness pal.  I eat around 1500 calories a day and focus on protein and avoid carbs as much as I can.  

Neonanrs
on 1/30/16 4:58 am

Try to eat meat and veggies anyway you like.  Stay away from potatoes, corn, peas, and carrots and you will lose weight. You got this oh, and no sodas diet included drink crystal light pure.

Surgery date 9-23-15, SW: 212 CW: 125

Doctors goal reached in 6 months. Personal goal reached in 11 months

White Dove
on 1/30/16 7:22 am - Warren, OH

If you are not losing on 1500 calories, then cut to 1000.  Stop drinking protein shakes and eat a piece of meat, fish or chicken instead.  Get a food scale and weigh your food.  It is impossible to be sure without one.  Be sure to track every bite you eat and everything you drink.

Protein shakes are wonderful for after surgery when you cannot eat.  They can backfire before surgery.  Drinking your meals lets you get in a lot of calories quickly.

Weigh yourself everyday, even if you hate the scale.  Only your surgeon and your insurance company can answer whether your policy will require weight loss to be approved.  My surgeon would not operate if 10% of the excess weight was not lost during the six month diet before surgery.   

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

iloveravens
on 1/31/16 6:41 am
RNY on 08/13/14

It's up to your surgeon and your insurance company.  I did not have to lose anything pre-op, so I didn't.  I think I was even a couple of pounds heavier due to some "food funerals." Buckle down and get serious now if you really want this!  You can do it.  Good luck.

Lanie; Age: 43; Surgery Date (VSG): 8/12/14 w/complications resulting in RNY next day;

Height: 5' 6" SW: 249 Comfort Zone: 135-140 CW: 138 (10/13/17)

M1: -25 lbs M2: -12 M3: -13 M4: -7 M5: -11 M6: -10 M7: -7 M8: -7 M9: -3 M10: -8 M11: -4 M12: -4

5K PR - 24:15 (4/23/16) First 10K - 53:30 (10/18/15)

Most Active
Recent Topics