Damn, did I screw up!!!

Kim C.
on 1/29/16 6:49 pm - Canada
Thanks everyone for the support/advice. The doctor said to of course not eat anything like that. All is okay at this point, and it is full fluids only for an extra week. That's my punishment for getting greedy. lol Lesson most definitely learned!!!!
MaggieL
on 1/30/16 4:39 am
WLS on 11/17/15

Very glad you are ok!

iloveravens
on 1/31/16 6:45 am
RNY on 08/13/14

At 3 weeks post op melted cheese would have been ok for me, according to my surgeon's plan.  Your reaction doesn't sound normal, unless you didn't chew well enough or ate way too much?  I'd call the surgeon ASAP.

Lanie; Age: 43; Surgery Date (VSG): 8/12/14 w/complications resulting in RNY next day;

Height: 5' 6" SW: 249 Comfort Zone: 135-140 CW: 138 (10/13/17)

M1: -25 lbs M2: -12 M3: -13 M4: -7 M5: -11 M6: -10 M7: -7 M8: -7 M9: -3 M10: -8 M11: -4 M12: -4

5K PR - 24:15 (4/23/16) First 10K - 53:30 (10/18/15)

Dpannell
on 2/1/16 7:10 pm

It sounds like you had a dumping syndrome. I had that with a piece of watermelon. Its mainly liquid..right?? So I thought what the heck, it can't be that bad..well I was wrong, boy was I wrong..I cried, for help, for someone to please help me..my hubby rubbed my back, I told him to stop, it felt like it was worse by anything or anyone touching me. I threw up, watermelon, and possibly blood bu****ermelon is red so who knows. I was tormented by the men and women who slaved in the fields picking those suckers. 

You can guarantee won't another bite of watermelon will come near me..ever!! I learned my lesson. And that was 8 months ago. 

I hope your OK now

L. 68
on 2/4/16 1:19 pm

I would be  from the emergency room.   I wouldn't even call the doctor i would have the emergency room call him. There is no way you must not have been too concerned  but oh well everyone is different  im glad your ok did doc say what happened did you ask for an xray to see if everything was ok (suture still sutured) 

Just hearing what you went through has me already thinking im never going to eat solids again or i will have an xray before i get to that stage to see if everything is ok in there.

rblain

"Your not a failure if you fall your a failure if you fall and don't get up"

" Beauty is Pain"

Kim C.
on 2/16/16 3:27 pm - Canada

I have gone through three swallow tests in the last few weeks, all came back clear, which means I didn't damage anything (thankfully!!). 

As for the cause of an extreme reaction, it was chalked up to dumping syndrome, which apparently CAN happen to sleevers. The blood was determined to have been from my throat/nose, and isn't uncommon (what I was told) because of the force of getting sick. My face was brown/red and blotched from it.

I hope if nothing else, this will serve as a warning to others: follow your post-op plan as set out for you. Don't be complacent...that's where I went wrong. I didn't think before eating.

Thanks again to those who shared, showed support, and to the few who had to be jerks, I send you a two finger salute...one on each hand. Here's hoping your arrogance leaves with your excess weight. lol

Grim_Traveller
on 2/16/16 4:51 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

Dumping and bleeding from a little bite of cheese is beyond ludicrous. I think you're just a lunatic troll. Please block me.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Most Active
Recent Topics