Damn, did I screw up!!!

Grim_Traveller
on 1/29/16 12:30 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

Or, she hasn't done it yet, WANTS to do it, and wants to see if anyone else tried it, and what the repercussions were. If others did it without horrible injury or pain, she'd try herself.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Kim C.
on 2/16/16 3:18 pm - Canada

What the hell are you talking about? Some people are so ignorant. I was scared with the reaction I had to what seemed to be something small, and I was looking for anyone who may have experienced the same type of thing. It's called sharing information and looking for support. Thank you for your lack of concern, and congratulations for winning the arrogant jackass award.

Best of luck to you on your journey. Bye Felicia!

NYMom222
on 1/29/16 10:41 am
RNY on 07/23/14

That is scary, and not normal. Hope you have heard from your Doc...

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

csettle7
on 1/29/16 10:43 am
VSG on 01/14/16

I applaud you for posting this. I haven't gone off plan, but I will admit that the toughest moment where I actually had the thought run through my head was at work where there was pizza. Serious trigger food for me.

I'm 2 weeks out as of yesterday, and was cleared to start soft foods yesterday. I made ricotta bake and had that for lunch... No problem. You should not of had that reaction to cheese at 3 weeks out. You need to call your surgeon as soon as possible. 

Please let us know what he/she says. 

ubserved
on 1/29/16 11:11 am

I would definitely get in touch with your surgeon immediately, blood in vomit is never a good think, let alone twice in a row, I fear you may have ruptured the incision in your stomach. 

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 1/29/16 11:44 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13
On January 29, 2016 at 4:40 PM Pacific Time, kimlc1977 wrote:

Before anyone decides to start giving me hell about this, trust me, my lesson has been learned! I know what is required, I know all about life changes, and I don't need a lecture.

I am 3 weeks post-op.....I have been following the strict guidelines where diet is concerned. I was on 2 weeks clear fluids, and now I'm on 2 weeks of full fluids (followed this to the letter for one week).

Last night at supper, for whatever reason, I decided it would be okay for me to eat a little bit of cheese off the top of a piece of pizza. Old habits die hard, and I highly doubt I'm the first to forget themselves. Let's just say that I think I paid for every single bad thing I've ever done in my life!! I could see some discomfort, some pain, but I NEVER expected what came out of this small 'cheat'....the result was pretty much immediate.

1. Threw up (blood in vomit)
  2. Sat down and was shaking like a leaf
  3. Threw up again (blood in vomit)
  4. Dropped to my knees and apparently fainted for about a minute (thankfully had someone home with me)
  5. Finally came around enough to crawl to a chair and sit, where it took over 10 minutes to feel 'with it' again
  6. Spent the rest of the night feeling like absolute poo, in pain, where my chest felt like it would explode

Is there anyone else out there who will admit they did something like this? If you're brave enough to admit it, what was your experience? I can tell you right now that there is NO WAY I will be attempting that again. I might live on soup the rest of my life after this. lol (Joking of course). Throwing up and seeing blood was so scary!!!!!

No, I didn't do this.  I stayed on plan 100%, especially while my body was healing after surgery.

Vomiting blood isn't normal. I would call your doctor immediately and ask for assistance. Something could be seriously wrong.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

zann50
on 1/29/16 12:15 pm

Thang, what the he// do they put in pizza in Canada???  Def call the doctor.

Hope you are feeling better soon:):)

frisco
on 1/29/16 12:45 pm

Not meant to be a lecture and in the nicest way possible, with white gloves on, trying to identify core issues.......

If a hundred "Red Flags" didn't go off before you actually put off-plan food in your mouth 3 weeks out from having your stomach stapled.

There are some core basics that need to be fixed.

Cheat all you want after you heal and it becomes much harder to hurt yourself.

Not saying this is you, but every so often a post like this comes up looking for validation from others that have cheated and somebody fresh out of surgery may think it's ok because someone else did it. 

Seeing blood in your vomit "may" be a strong indication of a bleed and your surgeon should be informed.

Stay on the plan !

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 1/29/16 1:22 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

I once heard a story once a patient (not my surgeon's, but someone he met once) who tried to eat "one bite" of string cheese four days post-op. The patient ruptured his staple line, bled massively, and needed a transfusion. Apparently there were some very major complications because he died a few weeks later.

So no, I didn't attempt it. And I hope nobody else is "brave enough" to do so and encourage others to assume you'll be OK if it happens. Dying isn't worth it.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Oxford Comma Hag
on 1/29/16 2:47 pm

I love the dancing corgis.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

Most Active
Recent Topics