TGIF NSVs & Tips! (w/ pics)

Neesie57
on 1/29/16 10:24 am, edited 1/29/16 4:23 am
VSG on 08/04/15

I'm 5 ½ months out from surgery and have never felt better in my life!  The NSV's are piling higher and higher, and that mountain is looking really good.

1. I can walk my dog for 3 miles instead of the ½ mile I was happy with before surgery
  2. I'm at a lower weight than I was before I got pregnant with my son 35 years ago
  3. The pain in my knees is now almost completely gone, and my knee replacements are going to last a lot longer because of the weight loss
  4. I can now shop in regular clothing stores instead of the "women's" department
  5. My irritable bowel has all but disappeared, because I'm making better choices
  6. My adult acne has cleared up, also because I'm making better choices
  7. I like going to the grocery store now, because people aren'****ching what I'm putting in my cart anymore
  8. I can tie my shoes be bending over, instead of putting my foot up on a chair or on the bed
  9. I can wash and dry ALL parts of my body without gyrations and tricks
  10. I can fit into a airline seat and have room left over.  I also don't have to feel other passenger's elbows in my side anymore.
  11. Seeing people I haven't seen in a long time is always fun, because they expect the old me
  12. My husband has also been losing weight, and we are doing more active things together.  Each Saturday we find a new trail to walk, usually with hills and valleys and nature.  It's been a blast.

I'm sure there are much more, and the list keeps getting longer.

5' 5" tall. VSG on August 4, 2015/ Starting weight 239.9/ Surgery weight 210.9/ Current weight 137.4/ Goal weight 140/ No longer overweight, now a NORMAL weight. Now that I'm at goal, it's time to move on to maintenance!!!!!!!!

Loser2542
on 1/29/16 11:11 am

I am going to a long indoor music festival this weekend where I will be comfortably seated. I would not have been comfortable or perhaps wouldn't have gone two years ago. I love live music and now am able to enjoy it.

HW: 388 SW: 240 CW: 172      Surgery Date 11/07/2014     VSG with Dr. Chengelis

psychoticparrot
on 1/29/16 2:41 pm

Second tip to anyone with or without a sleeve: Don't eat the chicken fajitas in Nicaragua.

My friend ate some last night. My husband and I rushed her to the local hospital with food poisoning symptoms. She has to stay overnight until the docs can get the infection and symptoms under control. This is the second time in two weeks we've managed to (accidentally) poison her. The first time was with beef carpaccio. If all goes well, she'll be back home in Pennsylvania on Monday. I think she's going to kiss the ground, snow and all, when she gets off the plane. The unbelievable part of it is -- she isn't angry with us at all. She joked (between bouts of hurling) that she's getting the full Nicaragua experience. I feel pretty bad about inviting her. And we have more friends coming late Monday for two weeks. Heaven help us all! 

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

bruindiva92
on 1/29/16 2:44 pm
Revision on 03/29/17

On Tuesday, January 26, I had my 9 month post-op check up (I am 10 months post op).  The surgeon asked me if I would submit my testimonial with pictures for the bariatric  home page and stated that I was the epitome of success.

I was humbled.

L. 68
on 2/4/16 1:53 pm

You Go Girlll YEah!!!!!!

Epitome is an understatement

rblain

"Your not a failure if you fall your a failure if you fall and don't get up"

" Beauty is Pain"

lxl_Miz_lxl
on 1/29/16 2:58 pm
VSG on 01/11/16

hmm .. I'll be 3 weeks out on Monday, so not too many things yet

It's nice not to be sweaty hot allll the time.. I have a portable heater in my room which I have never used before, cranking away at 78 now

I love the energy I have.. I've cleaned and reorganized my room and closet and actually enjoyed doing it.. in the past I've always used " the flight of the butterfly" method. 

Aleyna1228
on 1/29/16 4:17 pm

I don't avoid the stairs in my house anymore. I realized earlier today that I go up and down them so much more than I used to.  I don't try to do what needs done all in one trip!

Age- 35 | 5'4" | Surgery VSG - 9/21/15

Highest/Consult- 250 | Surgery- 235 | Current- 143 | Goal- 145 |

| M1-22 | M2-10 | M3-13 | M4-13 | M5-13 | M6-10| M7 - 8| M8- 3| Total Lost - 107|

Reached goal in 7 months 1 week and now maintaining!

Mandyymariee92
on 1/29/16 6:30 pm
VSG on 03/28/16

You look AMAZING.

Great job!! Keep up the good work.

Wildagain2016
on 1/29/16 9:15 pm
VSG on 01/25/16

HI Nick- thanks for starting this post and congrats on your success from all your hard work!  My surgery was on Monday so I am now 4 days (or is it 5?) post op VSG.  My NOn-Scale Victory is that I have had almost no pain, no nausea, and fluids are going down better everyday!  I haven't been hungry so I have to remind myself to "eat" and drink.  That is soooo weird!  I have NEVER been someone who had to remind myself to eat! :-).  I am sleeping in each day (can sleep on my side, which helps).  All of these things have been delightful victories (although these may not qualify as a true personal NSV, since all I am doing is exactly what they told me to?! ....it all sure feels like a victory!  Thanks! Wild Woman

(deactivated member)
on 1/30/16 12:15 am
VSG on 12/17/15

Nick you're doing awesome! Also lol at your Jabba the Hut picture in your signature. My NSV's for the week are my black dress pants I wear to work are falling down so I need to move to the smaller pair stuck in the part of my closet relegated to clothing that doesn't fit. Also coworkers giving me a million compliments and telling me how awesome I look which shallow as it sounds feels so good. 

Most Active
Recent Topics