Initial consult coming up

KimberlyV715
on 1/26/16 4:24 pm

So, I have my first consult with a bariatric surgeon on Feb. 4th. I have done some research and I am leaning towards the sleeve. Other than the normal "recovery time, side effects, dietary restrictions, etc..." questions, is there anything suggested questions that I should ask my doctor? I am super nervous so any questions or suggestions would be helpful! Thanks!

---Kim

acbbrown
on 1/26/16 5:26 pm - Granada Hills, CA

His post op plan for 6 weeks and beyond...what's his plan for helping you get to goal beyond the surgery? My surgeon had no plan except to have a nurse give me  food pyramid. Ask him if he tracks his post op patients and if so what % get to goal and keep it off. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

KimberlyV715
on 1/31/16 7:44 am

Thank you!!

animallover1247
on 1/26/16 6:22 pm

I would ask if he requires a drain after surgery. Some surgeons use them and some don't. Apparently they are a b** to deal with. My friend said that was the worst part of the recovery and could've went back to work sooner than a week if she didn't have the drain for a week after surgery. 

KimberlyV715
on 1/31/16 7:45 am

Yeah, that sounds like a pain to deal with. Here's hoping i don't have to deal with that shenanigan!  Thank you!

SKINNYDREAM82
on 1/27/16 8:39 am

Just to let you know you are not alone. I am in the process of getting surgery myself. I  had to do months of prep before I am even able to meet with my surgeon. You are going to have to do a lot bloodwork, sleep test, phsyc evaluation, stool sample, be prepared for  some time and effort put in. My insuirance required 12 weeks of classes I am on week 10 and completed all of my other requirements. If you have any health problems such as high blood pressure or diabetes it islikely you will have to get them completely in control before they will do the surgery. Just want you to be prepared. I  am sure in the end it is all worth it.

-Vera

KimberlyV715
on 1/31/16 7:48 am

Good luck on your journey! A good friend of mine had surgery about 16 months ago and was telling me all that she had to do before surgery. I deal with insurances on a daily basis and trust me when I say I know how much of a pain they could be! But on the other hand, I guess it is good that they put you through the ringer before hand to make sure you really want it. Thank you for your support!! 

olymphia
on 1/27/16 2:07 pm

My appt is on 2/26 for my initial consultation. I meet with the surgeon and the nutritionist . 

KimberlyV715
on 1/31/16 7:50 am

Good luck! My consult it this coming Thursday and I have been a nervous wreck for a good week now. I going between getting my hopes up to crushing my hopes. 

Most Active
Recent Topics