Pre op diet

kristyt3224
on 1/31/16 2:59 pm
VSG on 02/12/16

How are you doing on your diet?  I don't feel hungry, I'm  have been super lethargic the lat two days.  I have read that goes away, but it sucks. 

Kristy

Amy_Rod618
on 1/31/16 4:02 pm
VSG on 02/08/16

It's going as well as can be expected. I feel hungry at times but just try to ignore and fill up on water. Unjury chicken soup flavor protein has been a life saver! I've felt tired off and on, but that's kinda normal for me, I work nights. I'm down 11 lbs!! 1 week to go!!

dobermanleloo
on 2/1/16 11:09 am
VBG on 02/10/16

I'm on the preop diet too started 1/21 and surgery is 2/10.  If I get hungry I make another unjury protein shake! or eat a couple bites of green beans lol and they have never tasted so good! I do get 4oz of meat for dinner and 1/2 cup of green veggies so I really look forward to that meal.... I'm still lil nervous about surgery so I'm following everything the dr. says to a tee!  What your dates?

Amy_Rod618
on 2/1/16 7:25 pm
VSG on 02/08/16

I would kill to eat some meat lol!!

Wow your preop diet is long! I started mine on the 25th, surgery is Feb 8th. 1 week from today!

Imy feeling more excited than nervous, but there is always that little sense of fear with surgery. That is expected. Following your surgeons orders is exactly what you need to do!!

dobermanleloo
on 2/2/16 5:50 am
VBG on 02/10/16

I think I'm on the pre-op longer cause I had to meet with Dr. review diet and than my surgery couldn't be booked any sooner so I drew the short straw but I've been loosing weight on this pre-op for sure! lol! and it will help me stay on point for the post-op diet too.  Good luck with your surgery 2 days before me if you have time to post let us know how your doing.  Take care, C

FuturePinUp
on 2/1/16 2:51 pm

You can definitely do it!!! Think of how lucky you are that you can have any fruit and green veggies! My 2-week pre-op diet was 4 protein drinks daily and then reduced-sodium broth, and sugar-free drinks. YUCK! I hate sugary stuff and sugar-free is even sweeter than the regular sugar!!

It may not be much, but think about how little 2 weeks is in the span of a year. As I type this 7 months out, my 2-week diet seemed like ages ago!! :)

VSG: 06/24/15 // Age: 35 // Height: 5'10" // Lost so far: 190 lbs

HW: 348 (before 2 week pre-op diet) // SW: 326 // CW: 158

TT/Lipo & BL/BA: 07/21/17 with Dr. Reish (NYC) BL/BA Revision: 01/11/18 with Dr. Reish (NYC)

Unconventional Sleever & Low-Carb Lifer

Amy_Rod618
on 2/1/16 7:35 pm
VSG on 02/08/16

I had lap band in 2008 and my preop diet before that felt like torture. This time it hasn't been so bad. Im not feeling so ugly this time around lol. I will make it, like you said it's nothing in the long run!! :)

Most Active
Recent Topics