Pre op diet

Amy_Rod618
on 1/26/16 11:17 am
VSG on 02/08/16

So my liquid preop diet started yesterday. I can have 4-5 protein shakes a day and 2-3 fruit/green vegetable servings a day. And of course my 64 oz of water! 

Yesterday seemed easy, but I was at a conference all day so I was pretty occupied. Today is harder, I am home and just trying to keep busy. Drinking my water to curb the hunger! I can do this!!

Just keep reminding myself that surgery is in less than 2 weeks!!

lxl_Miz_lxl
on 1/26/16 11:27 am
VSG on 01/11/16

Warm broths seemed to satisfy me more than cold did, (chicken/mushroom/beef/strained wonton) and having at least 4 oz of a protein drink every fours hours helped.. you absolutely can do this :)

Aleena
on 1/26/16 12:06 pm

I am supposed to start my preop diet in 3 weeks. I am so nervous! I feel like after it will be easier because I will get full easier but I know I'm going to be hungry pre-op!

I'll be watching this thread for hints to help it go smoothly. :)

(deactivated member)
on 1/26/16 12:48 pm
VSG on 12/17/15

It is hard at first because you're breaking your body's carb addiction. But it does get better and the hunger lessens the further you are in this pre-op diet. Just keep packing in the water it will help your system let go of toxins and you'll feel better and you'll lose more pre-op weight.

Amy_Rod618
on 1/28/16 12:52 am
VSG on 02/08/16

Thanks :) Been drinking 100 oz of water the last few days, definitely does help! The best part is I've lost 6 lbs already! 

ubserved
on 1/26/16 12:51 pm

When you are hungry, load up on the sugar free jello, that worked wonders for me. I know if I never see jello again I will be a very happy camper.

Amy_Rod618
on 1/28/16 12:51 am
VSG on 02/08/16

Unfortunately jello is not for me lol. I have never liked it so it's out of the question. The sugar free popsicles however have been wonderful! :)

ubserved
on 1/28/16 1:03 am

I feel you, I wasn't a big fan of it prior to my pre-op diet, even less so now.

kristyt3224
on 1/27/16 6:57 pm
VSG on 02/12/16

You can do it!!! 

I am starting my pre-op diet tomorrow and am 2 weeks out from surgery.  I am nervous about how this is going to go at work and home.  I haven't told my co-workers that I am going to have surgery and I am concerned that they are going to think I am going on another fad diet.  I don't know if I want to tell everyone my business, but I want to have some support from friends.  I am going to Mexico and I am also worried that people will think I am crazy for going abroad to have such a major operation.  Can anyone give me some advice on how they shared their plans about both the surgery and going to Mexico to have it done?

Amy_Rod618
on 1/28/16 12:58 am
VSG on 02/08/16

We will have to stay connected to see each other progress, our surgeries are so close! Mines the 8th :) 

Unfortunately I don't have much for advice for you. I work with a close knit group of women and they all know what I am doing. The extra support from them is helpful to me. And I'm having my surgery here in the states.

Good luck!!

Most Active
Recent Topics