My hair is gone

(deactivated member)
on 1/25/16 10:17 pm
VSG on 12/17/15

M hair was already starting to come out and it was also breaking from color damage so I chose to proactively cut it short. It was hard for me to do because I like my hair longer. But I really like how it turned out. It was shoulder length before I cut it. Now it is short and sassy and I can't wait to play with it tomorrow and style it since the hair stylist is the one who styled it before I left the salon.  

ChemistryQueen
on 1/26/16 1:48 am
VSG on 01/11/16

Oooh girl sassy is just the word I was thinking of! You look AMAZING! I'm totally scared of short hair too, so I think you are extra brave. 

Highest Weight: 385 (09/2014)

Surgery Weight: 331 (1/2016)

Current Weight: 157.4 (7/2017)

-VSG with Dr. Erik Dutson at UCLA on 1/11/2016-

-Brachioplasty (Arm Lift) and Abdominplasty (Tummy Tuck) with Dr. Jason Roostaeian at UCLA on 8/23/2017

Want to WATCH me on my journey? Check out my youtube channel HERE!!

(deactivated member)
on 1/26/16 11:49 am
VSG on 12/17/15

CQ seeing you in your video I think you'd look gorgeous with short hair, but you gotta do what makes you comfortable. Maybe you'll be lucky and avoid hair loss and won't have to make the choice. Thanks for the compliment! 

happyteacher
on 1/26/16 2:24 am

A new and shorter hair cut can be very liberating! I lost hair too, but I had so much to start with people couldn't really tell- except that it got super curly. I also went short for a while. It grew back and lost most all the curls. Hang in there- a shorter hair cut won't be forever- unless you want it to be!

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

(deactivated member)
on 1/26/16 11:56 am
VSG on 12/17/15

Happyteacher, I hope mine gets more curly. It used to be very curly (fell in perfect Shirley Temple curls when I was a baby -4 years old) and then it became more loose waves as I got older and now I fight to get any waves or curls. I actually really like it so far  shorter. Since I was bleaching to get my signature purple (I am a child and will never stop wanting crazy colored hair) the bleach damage was pretty extensive. So I'll at least keep it until the bleached/colored part is cut off and I am back to virgin hair and then see how the hair loss is then. 

JudithJohnson
on 1/26/16 5:30 am
VSG on 12/03/15

If your hair falls out, make sure you eat enough protein and take biotin, a supplement that you can get at Costco (it melts in your mouth) that will help preventing your hair from falling out.

Judith, 46, surgery date  12/3/15

SW: 317 CW: 210 GW: 180

(deactivated member)
on 1/26/16 12:04 pm
VSG on 12/17/15

Judith, I definitely hit protein goals and often exceed them. And I take 4 of those biotin melting strawberry pills from Costco a day. My surgeon and dietitian both told me if my hair is going to fall out it's going to fall out. They see patients who eat like crap after surgery and don't hit protein goals or take hair supplements and don't lose a single extra hair and some patients who get double the daily recommended protein and take biotin and lose a ton. It's just how some bodies react. Plus I did have a ton of bleach damage because I have fine little baby hair (my hair is thick but the individual strands are fine and being a redhead I have less hairs on my head statistically then brunettes or blonds) that I think needs to be rainbow colors instead of my natural red. But I appreciate your suggestions and if I wasn't already doing those things I would probably start.

GoBlueGirl1998
on 1/26/16 6:47 am - MI

I cut mine off post surgery and I haven't looked back! I'm super blonde, short and sassy! New body = new hair & attitude! Enjoy playing with your new hair!

Age: 40 Height: 5'8" Highest Weight: 325 Starting Weight: 291 Current Weight: 166 Goal Weight: 160

VSG 10/24/14 with Dr. David Chengelis

(deactivated member)
on 1/26/16 11:46 am
VSG on 12/17/15

Gobluegirl just looked at your profile to see your hair cut. Super cute! You look awesome with short hair. I think part of longer hair was it was my security blanket it made me feel feminine and pretty but now as my body changes I feel more feminine in shape (my waist is starting to go in like it should between my bust and hips) and I've gained more confidence.

GoBlueGirl1998
on 1/26/16 12:18 pm - MI

You're doing great! I'm so happy for you!! The new found confidence is a great thing!!

Age: 40 Height: 5'8" Highest Weight: 325 Starting Weight: 291 Current Weight: 166 Goal Weight: 160

VSG 10/24/14 with Dr. David Chengelis

Most Active
Recent Topics