"I don't want to Diet for the rest of my life !!!"

mmsmom
on 1/26/16 5:34 am - Woburn, MA

I consider myself to be one of those people... if I want a bagel, I take half a bagel, core it out, toast it and put a small amount of something on it -peanut butter, or even cream cheese.  If I want ice cream, I have a small serving.  I did, however, not eat this way until firmly in maintenance - and I am able to cut back if I see the scale starting to creep.  I don't think everyone can do this -and the core of your eating plan needs to be smart - healthy proteins and when carbs, good choices.  To me, it's all about control and after almost 2 years, I still feel in control and have very limited capacity.  Also recently went on a cruise - old me would have eaten everything for the sake of eating.  This time I ate only what I really wanted and knew that it would be there tomorrow and there was no need to eat alot of it.  I gained 1.5 lbs - and considered that a win!

Everyone has to do what's right for them.

VSG on 04/28/2014

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 1/26/16 8:42 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

Well it just might be a play on words, but to me diet implies a temporary change to get to a certain weight, then going back to eating what you ate in moderation. Sorry but diets in those terms suck & never works out in the long run. 

Lifestyle change to me implies a permanent change to how you're eating to get to a certain weight & stay there. It's a plan you stay on for life, with changes you might make along the way depending on your health.

I'm not on a diet

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

acbbrown
on 1/26/16 9:01 am - Granada Hills, CA

I agree with you - diet has a negative connotation thanks to society's obsessions with temporary fixes. A lifestyle change encompasses more than fixing the food - it also has to address the mental component and fix the causes and conditions of why we eat. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Spencerella
on 1/26/16 4:07 pm - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

Great post Frisco - totally true. I work hard at protecting my skinny!  Over the years I've developed a system that allows me to keep my weight in check and I use it virtually every day. Life still requires implementing a set of rules and practices but they're completely rewarding and totally worth the effort!

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0

psychoticparrot
on 1/27/16 8:31 pm

Frisco wrote: "... it's ok to go a little (or a lot) berserk !!!"

That's what put the "psychotic" in my "psychoticparrot." You, kairk, Cappy, and many other long-time maintainers are my gurus for reaching goal and staying there. Especially since my weight loss has slowed way down, your precepts are what keep me vigilant about this way of living -- in the sense of knowing what works and what doesn't and not wasting my time and health on trying to hang on to bits of favorite junk carbs and other unhealthy foods. I still give in to the cravings now and then, but never enough to stop or significantly slow down my weight loss. I always try to remember kairk's advice -- if you have a chance to eat something truly unique and high quality, even if it is high-carb, have a bit, but always make an intentional choice to have it. Then back to the real eating -- lean, green, and clean (thanks, kairk). 

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

Most Active
Recent Topics