4 days post op

Linds9
on 1/22/16 8:03 am
VSG on 01/19/16

I had my surgery four days ago and I feel terrible still. My pain level is so high and I am out of my meds for pain so now on Tylenol which is doing nothing. I cant even tell what kind of pain it is, is it gas pain, incision pain, nauseous or hunger! Feel like everything I read and have spoken to people about everyone is up and walking around right away. I am trying to get up and walk more frquently but after I change positions pain comes back. Did anyone else have as rough of a start as I feel like I am having?

White Dove
on 1/22/16 9:13 am - Warren, OH

Contact your surgeon for more pain medicine

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

LosinginAZ
on 1/22/16 9:26 am

I am in the same boat as you. I too am 4 days post op and I am just miserable. Pain, cramping,  soreness, etc. I hope it gets better but right now u have complete regret. I can hardly get down water let alone 4 protein shakes, 3 meals and 50 ounces of water a day. I hope you feel better soon. 

Age: 34 / Height 5' 8" / Starting weight July 2015: 446.0 lbs / Surgery Date & Weight: 1/19/16 - 320.4 / Lost pre-op: 125.6lbs / Goal Weight: 180 lbs

animal1lover
on 1/22/16 10:15 am

Trust me, everyday it will get better.  It's a huge adjustment to our bodies.  Every day in the beginning is a stepping stone.  Be easy on yourself and take it slow.  Most important thing is fluids.  All the rest in due time will follow.  Don't stress about all the requirements.  The first week is truly to rest, drink and rest and more rest.  It truly gets better and never regretted my surgery ever!  Hang in there!!!!

JudithJohnson
on 1/23/16 6:38 am
VSG on 12/03/15

Focus on fluids, rest and walking. I don't think any of us were able to get the protein shakes in as we should the first week! Sip water throughout the day, drink protein shakes as you can but don't pu**** too hard. Make sure you get enough rest. It will get better, hang in there!

Judith, 46, surgery date  12/3/15

SW: 317 CW: 210 GW: 180

psychoticparrot
on 1/22/16 10:56 am

What White Dove said. If Tylenol isn't doing the job, you need more prescription pain meds. Your doctor gave you enough pain meds for the amount of time he or she thought you might need it, and that amount is a guess on his part. Just because you ran out of meds before your pain started to subside doesn't mean you have to suffer. I ended up with leftover pain syrup because I had almost no pain. You need more. Everyone's different. Call your surgeon.

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

JudithJohnson
on 1/23/16 6:36 am
VSG on 12/03/15

You just had major surgery and your body is working like crazy to heal and adjust. Contact your doctor for more pain meds, use your breathing device as that helps a lot with nausea. Walk, walk and walk some more, it's the only way to get rid of gas, and try drinking water on room temperature. Cold water gave me gas pains like crazy and as soon as I drank it a little warmer it was better. Try to exhale before taking sips to keep the air that comes in and with that the gas to a minimum. If drinking gives you cramps try eating ice chips or popsicles. Always have a pillow against your belly when you change positions that helped me a lot the first few days after surgery! It will get better, hang in there!!

Judith, 46, surgery date  12/3/15

SW: 317 CW: 210 GW: 180

Most Active
Recent Topics