Eggs and beef after surgery?

ChemistryQueen
on 1/18/16 10:44 pm
VSG on 01/11/16

Uh oh! And to think I have dreams about my first egg next week. ;)

Also, just thought I'd toss in: My doctor says to avoid beef for 90 full days after surgery, as your tummy definitely does not handle red meat as easily as other meats! Just a thought that it might be the timing.

Highest Weight: 385 (09/2014)

Surgery Weight: 331 (1/2016)

Current Weight: 157.4 (7/2017)

-VSG with Dr. Erik Dutson at UCLA on 1/11/2016-

-Brachioplasty (Arm Lift) and Abdominplasty (Tummy Tuck) with Dr. Jason Roostaeian at UCLA on 8/23/2017

Want to WATCH me on my journey? Check out my youtube channel HERE!!

(deactivated member)
on 1/19/16 11:19 pm
VSG on 12/17/15

That could definitely be what it is ChemistryQueen, I don't know. My dietitian lets me try things as they are comfortable for me. Since I only saw him at 2 weeks and then not again until 3 months out. But I think I'll wait quite awhile if I even choose to try beef again. Really hoping down the road eggs work because I do really like them.

(deactivated member)
on 1/18/16 11:14 pm

Hi Kelly,

Best advice I got early out was to add only one new food per day and make sure I was home and staying home when I added the new food. There is absolutely no telling how your new sleeve will react to any new food - even if it was a food you once loved and enjoyed. 

For many, food loses its appeal during this time (4-8 weeks out). Very Common. Don't despair. 

I am also going to suggest a motto to live by during weight loss: Lean, Clean, and Green. It really helped me with choices on my way down. 

(deactivated member)
on 1/19/16 11:29 pm
VSG on 12/17/15

Hi Kairk. Oh these were two separate days and definitely while I was home. Sorry if my post makes that unclear. But yeah I'm back to turkey lunch meat and protein drinks. At least (if it was a stall) I passed my stall I am under 280 now. Who knows what will happen down the road. I think I might add in a bit of low carb vegies thinking cauliflower because it's soft and not fibrous and takes other flavors well. I just can't handle not having anything vegetable in my life. Maybe that makes me insane but I really like fruits and vegetables and fruits are way too high carb obviously to be added. 

mmsmom
on 1/19/16 5:04 am - Woburn, MA

Everyone tolerates thing differently.  I couldn't eat a piece of salon but could tolerate pork chop ... doesn't make any sense to me, but that's the way it was - also, if I remember correctly, it was a good six months before I really felt like I could eat most foods.  This is the honeymoon phase - take advantage of it!

VSG on 04/28/2014

(deactivated member)
on 1/19/16 11:31 pm
VSG on 12/17/15

Salmon (canned) is great for me right now, I don't think I could handle the fat in pork even though I want bacon like a lot. I know things will be different especially further down the line. We'll see what summer brings.

Dan1962
on 1/19/16 6:49 am - Syracuse, NY
VSG on 09/23/14

I had some issues with dryness in the beginning.  I went out and bought fat free grave, chicken, turkey, and beef and used it to moisturize the meat I was eating.  It worked wonders for me.  Also, with eggs, I tried preparing them different ways.  Scrambled with no mil worked best for me.  I also love poached now, but not before surgery.  I would say that within 2-3 months, everything taste wise for me was back to normal.  Good luck!

(deactivated member)
on 1/19/16 11:33 pm
VSG on 12/17/15

Thanks Dan, I appreciate the tip. I'm going to wait on both beef and eggs for now just because it's not worth how I feel but down the line I hope to have them.

cappy11448
on 1/19/16 9:03 am

I had a period at about 3 months post op where nothing tasted good.  The thought of food made me queasy.  It passed.  Now I enjoy my tiny meals so much - almost too much!

This too shall pass.

Carol

Surgery May 1, 2013. Starting Weight 385,  Surgery Weight 333,  Current Weight 160.  At GOAL!

Weight loss Pre-op 1-20 2-17 3-15 Post-op 1-20 2-18 3-15 4-14 5-16 6-11 7-12  8-8

9-11 10-7 11-7 12-7 13-8 14-6 15-3 16-7 17-3  18-3

(deactivated member)
on 1/19/16 11:36 pm
VSG on 12/17/15

Carol, you're much wiser than me haha. I know it will pass, if it wasn't for protein goals I probably wouldn't eat some days I never feel hungry though sometimes I crave a certain taste/flavor or texture. I'm glad I'm not weird or alone with food not tasting good I thought maybe I was getting too in my own head.

Most Active
Recent Topics