Eggs and beef after surgery?

(deactivated member)
on 1/18/16 6:46 pm
VSG on 12/17/15

I know eggs are hard for some people so I waited until I was in soft food stage to have them, even though I could have had them on puree according to my Dietitian's plan. What I'm really bummed about is eggs still taste good to me flavor wise, but the texture and how I feel after I eat them (there is no other word for it but Gross) makes me sad. Eggs used to be one of my favorite things, especially hard boiled in a sal****er mixture (weird I know). I only eat the white as ever since I was a tiny child the yolk was not good to me, my mom said even a a baby/toddler I would spit the yolk out. It's sad that something so low calorie that has good protein makes me feel so grossed out. I'm hoping down the line in a few months that will change but for now I'm not going to eat them because it's not worth it for how I feel after. Also beef is not sitting well with me at all, I had some summer sausage because it's fairly soft texture, and no worse that turkey dryness wise and my tummy did not like that. I had not puked since surgery until I had beef. It felt so bad, no pain but just made me feel so sick and nauseous. I didn't eat too fast, I didn't eat too much it was weighed, but I guess maybe my new tummy doesn't like beef. I am okay with that just because other than a few things: jerky, streak, salami, summer sausage and maybe the odd hamburger I am not a huge beef person. Guess I sticking to salmon, shrimp, chicken and turkey for now. But honestly nothing tastes good right now. I think I am just in a bit of a funk due to the time of the month, but honestly everything tastes kinda yucky and texture is suddenly coming into play more now. Not sure what to do other than work through it. Guess I'm taking this summer sausage back to the store because it's huge and living alone there is no one else to eat it. UGH so annoying. 

JudithJohnson
on 1/18/16 6:49 pm
VSG on 12/03/15

This will get better with time as well. My first egg was GROSS! Now I am used to it and I am 6 weeks out. Try some low sodium deli roast beef, that may go down better and be more tasty. Give yourself some time, things will start tasting better and the texture will bother you less as you go. Give yourself some time:)

Judith, 46, surgery date  12/3/15

SW: 317 CW: 210 GW: 180

(deactivated member)
on 1/18/16 7:19 pm
VSG on 12/17/15

Thanks Judith, I am hoping so. I will wait a few weeks and try again with eggs, beef not so much. It's not worth it to me to possibly puke. I will get turkey lunch meat and be fine haha.

frisco
on 1/18/16 7:12 pm

Joe's Special..... a San Francisco treat !!!

Ground beef, onion, mushroom, spinach and egg !!!

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

(deactivated member)
on 1/18/16 8:37 pm
VSG on 12/17/15

Normally I would say yum, but with how beef and eggs are making me feel that literally makes me feel queasy. No offense Frisco your food normally looks mouth watering.

healthymekg
on 1/19/16 2:49 pm

This looks amazing!  Will you share this recipe with me?!

SilverGirl2015
on 1/18/16 8:21 pm

Don't give up on the eggs!   Took me a few months before I could stomach them..they just felt awful in my stomach.  Now we are back on speaking terms.  Don't have them too often, but no problem anymore.  Try making some beef chili - goes down pretty easy and good if you crave a kick of spicy.  I believe there is a reason why things don't agree with us..so I like to listen, give it time, try it again later..You and your stomach are developing a whole new relationship.

(deactivated member)
on 1/18/16 8:34 pm
VSG on 12/17/15

Not giving up in eggs, but I might give up on beef. Eggs I will wait awhile then try again. :)

ShadowWolf3
on 1/18/16 10:29 pm - OH
VSG on 03/19/15

I can't do red meat except deer meat and lamb.  For some reason deer and lamb meat I can tolerate.  As for any kind of sausage my tummy hates it.  Eggs are a iffy situation.  Sometimes I can eat scrambled eggs then there are days it's gross. I'm 10 months post-op and was hoping it would get better with food.  But it isn't.

The tragedy in life doesn't lie in not reaching your goal. The tragedy lies in having no goal to reach.- Benjamin Mays

HW:450, Consult W:371, SW:353

(deactivated member)
on 1/19/16 11:16 pm
VSG on 12/17/15

Well I suppose I'll just have to see what happens. Sorry you have that issue.

Most Active
Recent Topics