Advice please.

happycampertoo
on 1/17/16 5:37 pm
VSG on 04/06/15

I had vsg on 4/7/15. I was self pay and did not lose any weight preop. I have read the forums here daily since March and have benefited immensely from all the posts. I have modeled my diet and habits from all the many vets of this site. I have lost 85 pounds and am amazed at my new body. My surgeon is wanting me to be less restrictive and eat whatever I want in moderation. He has said that before but I have followed the advice here and continue to do so. He is really pushing me to start maintenance and even suggested I start trying to gain five pounds...by eating ice cream mind you. He believes that the metabolism has reset and I won't have the same weight issues now? I may or may not want to continue losing. I haven't decided personally, but my gut is telling me to just keep doing the low carb low sugar and maybe add in more veggies and fruit. Which is what is suggested here most of the time. I am addicted to food and don't think I have been magically cured in just 9 months. Anyway, if I am to continue eating clean and sensibly, what is a good calorie limit, carb limit, sugar limit for maintenance? I have been at approx. 800 cal, 40-50 carbs, and usually less than 20 sugar each day. Still easy to lose at this point. Everyone around me tell me to stop losing now though I am a nice size 8. I do have a large head it seems so maybe that is alarming them lol. Anyway, anyone have any input? 

acbbrown
on 1/17/16 5:47 pm - Granada Hills, CA

Yeah...don't listen to your surgeon. He's friggen clueless. Any doctor that advocates eating ice cream is...out of touch with good sound post WLS nutrition. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

happycampertoo
on 1/17/16 5:52 pm, edited 1/17/16 9:53 am
VSG on 04/06/15

He has been at this a very long time but I agree. If I hadn't found this sight I would have been in a world of trouble. Or at least not at or near my goal. Any advice on the stats? I am a bit nervous to change or add to my routine. 

acbbrown
on 1/17/16 6:23 pm - Granada Hills, CA

Nope. I'm useless for maintenance questions. My maintenance is closer to 1800 cal right now which is way above the norm. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

happycampertoo
on 1/17/16 6:31 pm
VSG on 04/06/15

Well thank you for your input and confirming what I long suspected. Lol. 

TeashaLorna
on 1/17/16 7:04 pm - Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada

do not go into maintenance until you reach your goal, even below goal because you will have a bit of a bounce back. Just because you have had the surgery and you've lost does not by any means mean that your metabolism has some how reset. Stick with the vets here, find the ones that have what you want and do what they say. Good Luck!

Dr Ponce de Leon Mexico     VSG 4 Jun 12. I lost 57 lbs on my own before having a VSG. This is by far the best thing I have ever done for myself.

happycampertoo
on 1/17/16 7:54 pm
VSG on 04/06/15

Thank you for replying. I appreciate your response. I feel like I should probably lose a few more for the eventual rebound. Thanks So much for the advice. 

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 1/17/16 7:34 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

While I'm not at maintenance trust your gut in not eating ice cream or gaining 5lbs. I think we all have more than enough experience at gaining weight. All I can suggest as far as calories is to try small increases, not in ice cream of course, but veggies, protein, start introducing a small amount of fruit., etc

I'd try increasing by a hundred calories each week & see where you're at, that's like a slice of cheese, small apple, etc. I'd go each week to increase it by a hundred calories, eventually your body will let you know where your maintenance level is, each person is different. 

Good Luck in maintenance & congrats for reaching goal.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

happycampertoo
on 1/17/16 7:57 pm
VSG on 04/06/15

Thank you. That is very sound advice. I suppose bananas are not a good way to add calories? I sure miss them. I had thought about adding a half of one to my protein shake. Slippery slope?

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 1/18/16 10:19 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

I don't think its a slippery slope, but only you can know that, so I guess you've got to try & see. Just be careful with the sugar, that's a slippery slope for me.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Most Active
Recent Topics