How did you change your lifestyle?

Dan1962
on 1/9/16 1:15 pm - Syracuse, NY
VSG on 09/23/14

I track everything that I eat and drink....everything.  I have a c=scale and measure everything so when I use myfitnesspal to document, I know its accurate.  I started doing this before my surgery to get a sense of what I was really eating.

The second thing I had to so what change my routine.  I used to eat on the fly, grabbed breakfast most days on the ay to the office.  Grabbed lunch when I had a little time usually on the fly.  I now get up earlier to make a healthiness well portioned breakfast.  I have a refrigerator in my office and eat many days there with proportioned meals that I make myself.

I think you get the drift here.  it takes discipline and commitment but you can get where you are going by following your program.  Good luck!

JudithJohnson
on 1/9/16 4:30 pm
VSG on 12/03/15

My lifestyle changed in that I followed my Surgeon's instructions to a T. I do what all VGS peeps do, eat my sense proteins first every meal, with some veggies, and no drinking half an hour before or after eating. To be really honest I have no idea how many carbs I am eating. I am still sticking to what is on my list of foods I should be eating and that is what I eat.

I am not a gym rat but I try to walk or bike every single day. Due to my weight and back problems I have been immobile for so long that I really enjoy the simple joys of talking a walk or riding my bike.

Focus on your diet more so then exercise. Working out is great but that is not what is going to speed up your weight loss, eating the right foods the right way is. You will lose the weight as long as you stick to the instructions. 

You got this!

Judith, 46, surgery date  12/3/15

SW: 317 CW: 210 GW: 180

NYMom222
on 1/9/16 7:10 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Pre-surgery I knew I had gotten to the point, even when I was 'sticking' to diets I wasn't losing any significant weight. That is why I got RNY. I needed the advantage of malabsorption, for however long I had it ... to lose the weight. Something to consider.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Tracy D.
on 1/11/16 1:13 pm - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

There's plenty of people on here who lost all their excess weight without doing a single exercise.  What you put in your mouth every single day is going to dictate how well you do post-op...not how much you exercise.  

If that's what's worrying you then put it out of your mind.  When the time is right and your body is ready you will find time for an exercise you enjoy. 

Exercise is NOT the key to losing weight! Compliance with the food plan IS the key.  Once you get into maintenance, exercise will become much more important.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Most Active
Recent Topics