wieght loss support groups

mark_roberts812
on 1/8/16 1:08 pm

hi everyone, i am new to this site and i need support. i am from hillsdale mi and i have only found one support group in my area. is there anyone out there that knows of support groups in coldwater, jackson, or adrian? i am going to have vertical sleeve surgery sometime in june and i am struggling on my own. thank you for your support.

White Dove
on 1/8/16 1:30 pm - Warren, OH

Your surgical group should have that information for you.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

mark_roberts812
on 1/8/16 3:51 pm

hi white dove, i live in the sticks and my surgical group is in kalamazoo and they don't have any info for my area.

psychoticparrot
on 1/8/16 2:22 pm

Overeaters Anonymous has meetings all over.

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

mark_roberts812
on 1/8/16 3:53 pm

i will check that out

(deactivated member)
on 1/8/16 4:27 pm

Don't count on that parrot. Closest one to me is over 40 miles away.

psychoticparrot
on 1/8/16 6:01 pm

40 miles? Yowza! OA has online meetings, but I've found them to be spectacularly boring and useless. The only other thing I can think of is what White Dove already suggested -- contact your surgeon. Most bariatric surgery units have regular support group meetings for their patients. But maybe yours is far away too.

psychoticparrot

(deactivated member)
on 1/8/16 6:44 pm

My surgeon is in Mexico :)  !  Looked all over round here, no WW , nothing close to me at all even at the hospital. So I go to several sites like this ans get lots of support and daily encouragement. Not the same as people to talk to but so much better than nothing.

Loser2542
on 1/9/16 7:03 am

Have you tried checking at the college? Or perhaps try checking with a local therapist to see if they might be interested in starting a group. I strongly recommend seeing someone to help you with your struggles. I truly wish I had started before my surgery.

Best of luck to you.

HW: 388 SW: 240 CW: 172      Surgery Date 11/07/2014     VSG with Dr. Chengelis

mark_roberts812
on 1/10/16 9:36 pm

there is a meeting in hillsdale once a month but i need more than one meeting a month. there are others but they all are over an hour away. i guess i can drive over an hour once a month.

Most Active
Recent Topics