Need motivation!

ThinnerRivers
on 1/7/16 8:43 pm - San Diego, CA

It's post holidays and I feel like I've gained weight because of what and how many times I've been eating during the day! I feel awful..! My face is even chubbier.. I am so disappointed and feel sad.. I want to get back on track and be healthy and do exercise, but I get tempted a bit and lose track of myself! I end up regretting all of what I ate.. I eat way less than I did before, but now I am not losing much, but maintaining.. Help please?

Just a teenager who's finally enjoying the skinny feels <3 Thanks to my sleeve done by Dr. Wilhelmy.

Keith L.
on 1/7/16 10:19 pm - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

Stop! Take a deep breath, this is not win or lose, this is go until you cannot go any more. Look in the mirror and do not look at what is disappointing you, but rather look at what made you do this in the first place. The put you grown up panties on and get busy. You think food can control you? then pull those grown up panties up a few more inches. Your weight loss is not up to me or your mom or your dad or you spouse or anyone...ITS UP TO YOU!!!!

Put your game face on! Look in the mirror first thing every morning after you pee and before you weigh yourself and convince yourself that you are responsible for you and your weight gain or loss. You were given a tool, not a solution. Use it or lose it!

If you would like some personal advise, please feel free to contact me directly at [email protected]

k

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

(deactivated member)
on 1/7/16 10:31 pm

I know you're only 17, but since you chose to have WLS, I'm going to give it to you as straight, but nicely, as possible. 

Everything that you put in your mouth is a choice. Choices have consequences. Some consequences are positive, others are negative. If you want to be successful and make it to your weight goal, you have to make choices that support that goal - EVEN WHEN IT'S HARD TO MAKE THOSE CHOICES. 

What it's going to take for you to start losing weight again is a commitment to yourself to stick to the plan that helped you lose the weight since your VSG. You have to be deliberate, dedicated, and unwavering in your resolve to get to your goal. That does not mean you have to be perfect. You can't be and you won't be and that's okay. What you have to do is eat for weight loss 95-99% of the time. Don't worry about the exercise, if you don't like it. Losing weight is about what you put in your mouth. (Yes, exercise has benefits, but it's not going to make a huge difference in how much you lose. How much you lose is highly dependent on what you eat.) 

Your motivation has to come from within. You have to figure out why you want to lose weight. The reasons don't have to be deep - seriously - at 17 I wanted to fit in and not be the fat guy or the Chubbo. I wanted to be attractive and I wanted to look good. I didn't give hoot about my health - heck I was 17! I wanted to fit into my Levi 501 jeans and izod shirts and wear Top siders and look really good. Whatever your reasons are, figure them out. Remind yourself of why you want to lose weight several times a day and immediately after you remind yourself, tell yourself your plan to lose the weight. 

I know you're in a scary place, but you can change it. Ask your friends and family to support you. When you're struggling about eating something, tell someone before you eat it - NOT after. You have the strength to do this. BUT you have to chose to do it. 

Now, go make some positive choices for weight loss! 

ocean4dlm
on 1/8/16 1:45 am - Liverpool, NY
VSG on 05/27/15

I know that I had been totally detoxified  from sugar and carbs for close to a year when I let some holiday tastes back in. The reintroduction of carbs and sugar unleashed cravings on a major way.

I bit the bullet and reset, totally eliminating simple carbs and sugar once again. The cravings resolved in two days max. You can do this !

Age: 64; 5' 5"; High weight: 345; Start weight: 271 (01/05/15); Surgery weight: 218 (05/27/15); Pre-Op (-53); M 1 (-18); M 2 (-1.5); M 3 (-13.5 ); M 4 (-13); M 5 (- 8); M 6 (-12) M 7 (-5, Xmas); M 8 (- 9) Under surgeon's goal and REACHED HEALTHY BMI 12/07/15!! (Six months and one week.) AT GOAL month 8. Maintaining at goal range (139- 144) ~ four (4) years !!

MAchick
on 1/8/16 9:02 am
VSG on 01/27/14

This is what I'm doing! I'm up a few lbs...probably mostly water retention and constipation. I'm going to stick it out a few days and food myself with water, protein, and veg! 

White Dove
on 1/8/16 7:00 am - Warren, OH

This happens to me every January.  I get lax during the eating season and gain some weight.  I start the New Year with a goal to take that weight off.

The first thing I do is get on the scale and face the number.  Then I give myself a week for each pound that I need to lose again.

I plan protein forward meals, track my food and make sure I get in lots of water.  I drink 20 oz bottles and have five of them every day.

I go back to the gym and also exercise daily at home.  I weigh my food with a digital scale and track it in My Fitness Pal.  I wear a fitness tracker and its software syncs with my scale and My Fitness Pal.  Daily weighing is one of my secrets of success.

I am not in school or working.  If I were I would be packing a lunchbox with lunch and snacks.  I love my FitMark lunch system and use that when I am going to be away from home for most of the day.

Don't feel bad about what happened.  Just be happy about the awesome tool that you have to help you lose and maintain your weight.  For me I am up eleven pounds.  By the first day of Spring I plan to be back to the weight I will maintain for the summer.  Then I will start tanning for my swimming pool season.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

GoBlueGirl1998
on 1/8/16 7:38 am - MI

I would reset....do worked in the past. It's not too late. I would go back to measuring and planning out your food and get back on track. I had to do that myself. I spent two weeks in florida eating and drinking whatever I wanted. Well I worked out every day the eating was a mess. Once I got back I went back to my old ways. I have been back just over a week and I have stayed on track. You'll get there! Go back to what worked for you.

Age: 40 Height: 5'8" Highest Weight: 325 Starting Weight: 291 Current Weight: 166 Goal Weight: 160

VSG 10/24/14 with Dr. David Chengelis

Mary Gee
on 1/8/16 9:03 am - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

I was off program for several months.  Maintained loss for a few months, but then started go gain weight.  Problems started by adding "low carb" breads ... I started to crave breads and pastas, and started eating them.  Once I saw the gain, I realized I had to go back on track or I'd be back to my pre-op weight.  It won't be easy...,but you did it before and you can do it again.  Dig deep!

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

Spencerella
on 1/8/16 9:37 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

Mary - I really admire you for addressing this. It's tough to dial back. Good for you. 

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0

ThinnerRivers
on 1/18/16 5:52 pm - San Diego, CA

Thank you so much everyone! I've been trying real hard and got so motivated by you guys..! I've started going to the gym 2 hours and eating healthy again! You won't believe how quickly it has started to show.. I am so happy. Thank you, thank you so so much..

Just a teenager who's finally enjoying the skinny feels <3 Thanks to my sleeve done by Dr. Wilhelmy.

Most Active
Recent Topics