Too many ounces ??

Bufflehead
on 1/13/16 11:36 am - TN
VSG on 06/19/13

Yes, your sleeve will limit how much you can eat when you get to more solid food. I don't know about purees -- I was limited to 3 tablespoons of food per meal when I was on purees, as per my surgeon's instructions, so I would have never even tried 3 to 4 ounces on purees. And that leads me to (and I mean this in the nicest way, I promise): the only thing that is going to "cause" (your word) you getting in the proper amount of food on an ongoing basis is for you to choose to measure your portions and stick to what you measure/weigh out in advance. I truly believe that is a commitment that the most successful sleevers make and stick to.

tdelson
on 1/13/16 6:50 am
VSG on 10/12/15

I am about 3 months out and still having the 4 oz meals with 2 two oz snacks. Granted a few times I had to eye ball it as I was out to dinner or somewhere, but if I think I went a little over on a meal I cut out a snack. My nutritionist said at a later date you can go to 6 oz meals, but to do so only when the 4 oz was not satisfying me and to try and stay at 4 oz as long as possible as, believe it or not, you are trying to lose weight.

Tracy D.
on 1/13/16 9:11 am, edited 1/13/16 1:13 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

The reason you can get more in with yogurt is because it's a slider food and because at 10 days post-op the nerves in your stomach haven't re-generated yet so you can't feel anything.  This is a dangerous time period!  You must not pu****; go very slowly because you can't trust any signals (if there are any) coming from your gut. If you're eating to the point where you feel something right now then you're doing something wrong 

When people say they can only get in 2-3 oz. of protein in they are talking about "dense" protein ie. chicken, fish, shrimp, pork chops, steak, burger, etc.  And at 10 days post-op most people aren't eating dense protein because it's just physically impossible. 

At 2-1/2 years out I limit myself to 3-4 oz. of dense protein and 1/4 c. vegetable.  I say "limit" because I could eat more but I don't need to for health reasons or to be satisfied.  Eat according to your doctor's limits and not a bite more.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

JudithJohnson
on 1/13/16 2:03 pm
VSG on 12/03/15

That was about what I ate at 10 days post op, sounds right to me

Judith, 46, surgery date  12/3/15

SW: 317 CW: 210 GW: 180

Most Active
Recent Topics