Goulash soup???

happyteacher
on 1/9/16 11:02 am

Just wanted to give everyone a big thank you. I made my first batch this morning and although it is not nearly as good as the restaurant, I am on the right track for sure. The basic profile is there, but I did not have some of the basic spices and more than doubled the beef due to needing to use it. Even with adding Kale to up the nutrition, it was still darn tasty. I am looking forward to making the recipe proper like, as it will for sure be even better. The tip from one of the above posts about using the potatoe masher to make for a finer ground beef worked- pretty similar to what I had in the restaurant. I ended up skipping putting in raw meat (think it will work though) due to not tolerating any fat in the diet right now, thank you very much gallbladder removal.  I also made it in the pressure cooker, because I am not patient at all when it comes to cooking! This made it in under 30 minutes start to finish with the textures being spot on. Again, a huge thank you for getting me on the right path- I was very lost!

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

diane S.
on 1/13/16 1:01 pm

This sounds good. please post recipe when you perfect it.   One thing I do when making anything with ground beef is to steam it in a little water rather than brown and fry it. it seems to break up into smaller pieces which i prefer in chili and other soups.  Doesn't goulash have paprika and sour cream in it? There are all kinds of gourmet paprika - smokey and such- .  Fat free sour cream is quite good. diane s.  

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

happyteacher
on 1/13/16 4:47 pm

Not much of a cook so not sure if I can pull off a perfected version, but I will be happy to share what I come up with!

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Most Active
Recent Topics