Getting Frustrated!!

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 1/7/16 3:26 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

Reality check time, its only been 2 months & you've lost 51lbs! Let that sink in for a minute. You've lost 19lbs b4 surgery. Think on that. Now in 3 weeks you've lost 10lbs. Think on that too. You're doing really well, stop beating yourself up. Stop with the I feel I should be further along type thinking, this is for life, you didn't gain all your weight in 2 or 3 months right? So don't expect it to drop off like that.

Put the scale away! It's so easy to be obsessive about it, start looking at your nsv's. Stay on plan & keep up the good work!

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 1/7/16 6:32 pm
RNY on 08/05/19
On January 7, 2016 at 5:35 PM Pacific Time, mpk2001 wrote:

I am 8 weeks out from surgery and have lost a total of 51 pounds from my highest weight.  I had lost 19 pounds previous to surgery.  After five weeks post op, I had lost an additional 22 pounds and was feeling great.  Over the last three weeks, I have lost only 10 pounds.  I feel like I should be so much further along that this and it is discouraging me very much!  I am not sure if I am eating too much or too little.  I know I shouldn't be a slave to the scale but I cannot help myself at this point, I just want to see it move.

I would love some advice from the bariatric veterans from this forum.  I am staying strong and keeping up the good fight but I just want to cry from frustration.  Please help!

Thank you!!!

If you are not sure if you're eating the right amount, take your logs to your surgeon and/or nutritionist. (You ARE logging, right?) They can advise you on how much to be aiming for.

Generally, most folks are told to aim for 60-80g protein (or more), 600 - 800 cal, and as few carbs as possible during the weight loss phase.

Don't compare yourself to others. Yes, there are people who lose 30lb in the first month post-op, but they generally have more to lose overall compared to those with lower starting weights.

Your scale IS moving, even if it's not as fast as you wi**** would. After the first month or so, 1 or 2 lb per week is a good loss, and there will be times when you'd kill for 1.5lb as your body adjusts to surgery.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Most Active
Recent Topics