does the idea of a million micro-staples freak anybody else out?

happyteacher
on 1/15/16 4:42 pm

I was freaked out by dying young due to obesity related illness, a real crap quality of life up until that point, and missing far more than a million minutes with my kids and future grand babies!

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

handtlkr
on 1/15/16 6:19 pm - Gulfport, MS
VSG on 12/17/15

I have large chunks of metal embedded into my bones, metal in my teeth and probably some sort of metal in a surgery from childhood where they had to close the skull bones together which never closed as an infant.  I don't suppose it's any more freaky than those who have metal rods in their backs, or screws in their joints.  I'm so thankful for the metal in my knee so I can walk again without pain.  One day they may have a better solution, but until that day, which might not come in my lifetime, I'm thankful to have the opportunity to live life as a normal-sized person once again. I never pictured myself as someone who would actually go through with this surgery, but I'm finding I can do so much more than I could when I was trapped in that larger body. Before, I just existed.  Now I'm looking forward to living! I'm no where near where I'm going to be, but I'm a far cry from where I was. 

I've been robbed! My grandbaby stole my heart!  She just raised her hands and I surrendered.

ejirish
on 1/16/16 5:24 am

Thank you everyone! 

Amber2280
on 1/16/16 7:10 pm

I am a surgery nurse and can tell you, seeing the way these staples work is what made it even easier for me to decide to have the surgery myself. It really is remarkably designed, extremely precise, and very secure. The staplers we use in our facility are these: http://www.ethicon.com/healthcare-professionals/products/sta plers/endocutters/powered-echelon-flex#!videos

Hope that helps! :)

Amber   

"I was born to be a nurse; to comfort, to aid, to save, to teach, to inspire.

It's My Calling, My Passion, My World...It's My Life!"  

Most Active
Recent Topics