NEARLY 4 YEARS AFTER MY SURGERY AND THE NEW ME IS HAPPIER THAN EVER

Angel1974
on 1/14/16 7:44 am, edited 1/14/16 7:59 am
VSG on 06/04/12

Three years ago, I was reborn, given the chance to start again. I found my way, that day was the day of my surgery.

My life before that was a circle, and endless circle of crash diets, of self-hate, of lack of self-steem, of walking to a store and not finding anything to wear. Of eating my pain and sadness away. I was 230 pounds.

I have now reached my goal. 145 pounds now I am "normal". People that see my before picture don't believe that is me. Some say "you looked older before" I don't think I looked older, I think I looked sad.

If you just had the surgery, trust me the pain is worth it IF YOU WORK THE PROGRAM, don't let bad habits back in your life, don't let "friends" influence you but most importantly DO THIS FOR YOU! And know that "this reaching that number" in your mind is not the important thing, my "number" was 130 but I realized that I am completely happy at this weight. I don't have to be the weight "someone" else thing I should be. The important thing is that you are going to be healthy.

I hope that you find in me your future.  Work your program, WORKOUT trust me, this surgery does NOT work if you just sit home and not move, remember, calories in, calories out, and be very clear that this is a LIFETIME commitment.

NYMom222
on 1/14/16 7:49 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Amazing job, and beautiful photos. So encouraging to see people working their program.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

rhudson
on 1/14/16 8:13 am - Melrose Park, IL
VSG on 12/09/14

How inspiring!  Thank you for your post.  

Surgery Date: 12/9/14 - Highest Weight: 349 - Surgery Weight: 305 - Current Weight: 137
Goal reached in 13 months - 212 total pounds lost including pre-op
(M1: -20) (M2: -18) (M3: -11) (M4: -11) (M5: -14) (M6: -1) (M7: -18) (M8: -7) (M9: -15)

(M10: -13) (M11: -7) (M12: -10) (M13: -10) (M14 -6) (M15: -7) - 168 lbs lost post-op

healthymekg
on 1/14/16 8:31 am

You look fabulous!  Your story and advice is very inspiring!  Thank you for sharing!  :) 

Kathy S.
on 1/14/16 8:49 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Absolutely gorgeous!  Congratulations!

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Tracy D.
on 1/14/16 9:01 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Angel, you look AMAZING!  You've done a wonderful job and you do look happier these days...and I'm sure you feel that way too :-)  

Great job, sexy lady 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

thallnc
on 1/14/16 9:10 am - NC
VSG on 02/18/15

The smile says it all!!! Congrats on a job well done. You look amazing!

Height: 5'5" HW: 278.2; SW: 268.2; CW: 175.6

psychoticparrot
on 1/14/16 9:15 am

Thanks for the advice. I always look to the "vets" for pointers for long-term success with the sleeve. If you have any more advice, please share!

Your photos demonstrate what a huge difference the sleeve can make in every sleever's life, the best being good health and confidence. That you turned into a hottie is a nice side benefit!

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

Angel1974
on 1/14/16 2:08 pm, edited 1/14/16 6:09 am
VSG on 06/04/12

Thank you!  I will be happy to share any tips with the newbies.  

The first thing I tell everybody having this surgery is, please know that this surgery does not work alone.  You need to work a program.  The honeymoon is going to be over quickly, those weeks when the weight falls off and then the real hard work starts.  When you step on that scale for weeks and weeks and no weight comes off.  You need to be mentally prepared for the work that goes into this.  

Working out is a MUST! I cannot stress that enough, working out is a MUST.  Calories in, Calories out.   Your workout time must no be sacrifice weather you workout at home or at the gym that time is YOUR time and cannot be compromise.  Don't let work, kids, family, home anything get in the way of your workout time.  Think of it this way, if you are not ok, work, kids, family or home are not going to be ok.  I make the mistake of neglecting my workouts and I regretted for weeks.  Once you stop working out is really hard to get back on it.

Eat under your sleeve limit.  This is going to take you a couple of weeks to figure it out but over eating can be your down fall.  DO NOT REWARD YOURSELF WITH FOOD! Saying "oohh I lost 3 pounds this week, I am eating a cookie as a reward" That is your sleeve killer.  Know what your trigger foods are, for me is rice and bread.  If I eat bread I am done. 

Plan your meal a week ahead.  On Saturdays, I plan my entire week of meals. Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.  Cook on Sundays and I keep it on the bridge at home and bring food with you at work.

If you are going to eat out at a Restaurant, most Restaurants have their menus online, check it out before hand see what options they have.  If nothing looks like is going to work, order from the appetizer menu or the kids menu or share with friends.  Always be conscious of what you eat.

And finally do not compare yourself to someone else that had the surgery.  I took me nearly 4 years to lost 85 pounds.  Some people here lose that in two months.  Just because you are losing at a slower pace does not mean you are doing something wrong, it just means that you body works differently.

Follow my progress on my youtube channel
  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCARrPUdk_U

psychoticparrot
on 1/14/16 3:03 pm

Thank you! Some things I've already found out from the advice of others; some I found out the hard way. But you hit the nail on the head with exercise. It took me months after surgery to start a regular aerobic exercise routine. I have yet to start using the resistance bands I bought to start some strength training, which I badly need. I'm getting the bands out right after dinner and at least figure out the right way to use them. Thanks for the kick in the pants. 

psychoticparrot

Most Active
Recent Topics