soup

IWANT2BEHEALTHY
on 1/9/16 1:09 pm, edited 1/9/16 1:11 pm
VSG on 03/16/15

Well I did a search and saw this subject posted a few different times. 

I was looking through the cabinet looking for some black beans and saw this Progresso chicken noodle soup. First thought u can't eat this anymore ...or can i. So I cook it up, eat the carrots and chicken. Then I waited 30 min and drank some of the broth.  I did not eat any of the noodles. Got my soup fix. Anyone else run into this? 

I hope everyone is having a great Saturday 

E

Ht:6'5 Start weight 427, surgery weight=362 current weight 238 goal weight unsure?

Dan1962
on 1/9/16 1:20 pm - Syracuse, NY
VSG on 09/23/14

I love soup and just don't eat it much anymore.  The liquid is the killer for me.  I'm starving after eating it.  I do make a lot of homemade stuff and I try to thicken it up.  I also eat chili (white bean with chicken or turkey) which stays nice and thick.  

IWANT2BEHEALTHY
on 1/9/16 1:28 pm
VSG on 03/16/15

Yeah I make thick chili as well. Good stuff 

Ht:6'5 Start weight 427, surgery weight=362 current weight 238 goal weight unsure?

White Dove
on 1/9/16 1:38 pm - Warren, OH

What I make now is stoup, thicker than soup and thinner than stew.  I thicken with meat, beans, lentils, Quinoa, barley, or vegetables and have almost no liquid in the pot when it is done.  Google recipes and ideas from jjvirgin and the Virgin Diet.  Chili is excellent.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

psychoticparrot
on 1/9/16 2:01 pm

I'm a soup lover like you. I eat my soup in reverse order by spooning up the hot broth first, then eating the protein, then the vegetables. I don't eat pureed soups anymore because pureeing them turns them into "slider" foods, but I like chunky soups better anyway. Never had a problem with them, and provided there's sufficient protein in the serving, they fill me up just fine.

Canned soups are low in protein and nutrients and high in sodium. Maybe you can add some leftover chicken cubes or other protein in them to boost their nutrition. I'd suggest making your own homemade soups, but not everyone has the time to make them.

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

(deactivated member)
on 1/9/16 3:34 pm

I eat soup in the same way - broth first, solids second. Works very well for me - especially when I need a soup fix. 

Most Active
Recent Topics