After VSG

mohamedwaly
on 1/9/16 4:27 am

Hello

i want to make a VSG and i want to ask some questions:

1-after long term (>5 years) , i will regain all my loss weight?

2-can i eat EVERY thing with a little amount after 6 Months?

3-can my stomach have a leak under any condition after 6 months?(eating large amount of food or soda)

4-can i make a body building in gym after 6 months?

thank you

psychoticparrot
on 1/9/16 7:54 am

1-after long term (>5 years) , i will regain all my loss weight?

You won't regain your weight as long as you continue to follow the essential rules of VSG eating: 1-Protein first, 2-No drinking liquids during meals, 3-No more sugary or starchy foods -- ever. Cappy's post explains it best: http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/VSG/5449085/3-years-ago-th is-week/

2-can i eat EVERY thing with a little amount after 6 Months?

No, you cannot. You must not eat sugary or starchy foods. They must never become part of your daily diet again. The following foods are what you should eat every day: 1. protein (meat, chicken, fish, eggs, tofu, beans), 2. non-starchy vegetables (greens beans, eggplant, spinach, cabbage, broccoli, kale, snow peas, carrots, lettuces, zucchini, cucumbers. NO white potatoes, rice, corn, grains, breads, pastas), and 3. a little fresh fruit.

3-can my stomach have a leak under any condition after 6 months?(eating large amount of food or soda)

There is always a risk that your sleeve-stomach may develop a leak, but it is most likely to happen in the first few months after surgery. Yes, eating large amounts of food or drinking soda can cause a leak; therefore, after VSG surgery, do not eat large amounts of food or drink soda -- ever.

4-can i make a body building in gym after 6 months?

Your surgeon will give you guidelines about when you can resume heavy exercise in a gym. For most patients, gym activity can begin by 6 months post-op.

After answering your questions, I will tell you now that the best answers should come from a bariatric surgeon. If you are serious about wanting VSG surgery, choose a qualified surgeon near you, attend the required orientation class, then meet with the surgeon with a list of your questions.

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 1/9/16 11:07 am
RNY on 08/05/19

FWIW, not all surgeons give the permanent nix on soda.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

happyteacher
on 1/9/16 12:00 pm

1- you can regain with any surgery. It is unlikely though that you will regain all of it. Statistically, average regain is 5% of what you lost. I am 4 years out and 10+ pounds under goal. 

2-Most everything. You may find a few things here and there that will not agree with you, but generally anything goes.

3- Leaks are almost unheard of after the 6 month mark. You won't pop your staple line or anything. 

4- Body building can be started far earlier than 6 months!

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Most Active
Recent Topics