I'm Hungry!!!

ljmomchico
on 12/28/15 6:09 pm
VSG on 01/04/16

My surgery is on Jan 4th. I'm doing a 10 day pre op liquid diet. I try to distract myself from food 1 minute at a time. I've just had headaches everyday, what a bummer.

Laura

White Dove
on 12/28/15 6:51 pm - Warren, OH

Try to drink more water when you feel hungry.  The first three days are the worse then I did not seem to feel hungry or think about food.  I spent each evening looking at before and after picures on this site and imagining how awesome the weight loss would be,

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Jniniffer
on 12/28/15 7:11 pm

I agree! Drink more water! 

Do you have a specific amount of protein you need to drink? Crowd out those bad thoughts and drink more protein also.

The head ache is actually a good sign, it means you're body is detoxing from all the bad stuff.

Congrats on your journey, you won't regret it!

Jennifer Read

Nutracelle Success Consultant

https://www.join.nutracelle.com/jenniferread

WLF Medical

ubserved
on 12/28/15 8:01 pm

When I was on my pre-op diet, I drank my zero calorie sobes, my premier protein shakes and as much sugar free jello I wanted to help with the hunger pains. It worked wonders, in 12 days I lost 30 pounds, after about 5 days on the pre-op diet, it was like a switch being flipped, probably the carb withdrawl. Hang in there.

cappy11448
on 12/29/15 3:46 am

I found the pre-op liquid diet the hardest part.  Hang in there.  You can do it, and you'll be so glad you did. 

Carol

Surgery May 1, 2013. Starting Weight 385,  Surgery Weight 333,  Current Weight 160.  At GOAL!

Weight loss Pre-op 1-20 2-17 3-15 Post-op 1-20 2-18 3-15 4-14 5-16 6-11 7-12  8-8

9-11 10-7 11-7 12-7 13-8 14-6 15-3 16-7 17-3  18-3

(deactivated member)
on 12/29/15 3:58 am

For some unknown reason I found the protein shakes you mix yourself more filling than the ready mix. I always made them with a lot of ice and in my blender. I took a long time to drink them. I don't know what your Dr recommends but I was also allowed to add extra protein goodies to the shake eg peanut butter or cottage cheese until the last 4 or so days. Try and keep busy. This will soon be over and your new life will begin. It is so worth it!

Mamba
on 12/29/15 7:06 am - Middlesboro, KY
VSG on 01/15/16

Sweetie I'm right where you are! My surgery is the 15th and I started the pre-opt diet on the 23rd of December. I've lost 18lbs so far! It's probably the hardest thing that I've ever done. But I does get easier! I cook for my family everyday, good southern food. It's so hard to watch them eat but I keep reminding myself that it's only food. Sugar free Popsicles has helped so much. Good luck on the 4th!

JoeyJo
on 12/29/15 11:06 am - NJ

I ate so much sugar-free jello (green was my favorite color/flavor).  I also ate many, many sugar-free popsicles.  The tropical flavored popsicles were a nice change of pace.  Just keep swimming, you will get through this.

ljmomchico
on 12/29/15 12:22 pm
VSG on 01/04/16

Hi everyone *****plied to my post, thank-you. Yesterday I went to the gym. The pool is outside, but heated. It felt great and I feel really good today. My hunger pains have finally subsided, and for that I'm grateful.

Most Active
Recent Topics