So sick of liquid stage anything to make it more exciting?

(deactivated member)
on 12/23/15 11:12 pm
VSG on 12/17/15

I realize I probably just have to deal with it but gosh I can't wait for puree' stage. I am so bored with thinned yogurt and stage one baby food and cream soups (all allowed on my plan in addition to my protein shakes) anyone have any suggestions to spice things up? Don't get me wrong I feel blessed to get this blessing of surgery but I am so bored of the food lol. I just want puree because I can do canned fish at that time and I could eat tuna, salmon and kippers for life and never get bored. Either way at least I won't be fat anymore or prediebetic or sick all the time. Can't wait until I am cleared for exercise too I just want to do some yoga and meditate.

(deactivated member)
on 12/23/15 11:18 pm
VSG on 12/17/15

Also I will add because I don't want to eat 2 oz of yogurt out of a regular large bowl I'm eating out of a jagermeister 4oz shot glass with a 1/2 teaspoon measuring spoon.

cappy11448
on 12/24/15 5:01 am

I ate sugar-free jello with unflavored protein powder, and sugar-free, fat-free puddings also with protein powder mixed in.  There was a cheesecake flavored pudding that was a nice change of pace. 

But my staple was chicken broth with protein powder mixed in, of course

This phase will be a distant memory all too soon.  Hang in there!

Carol

Surgery May 1, 2013. Starting Weight 385,  Surgery Weight 333,  Current Weight 160.  At GOAL!

Weight loss Pre-op 1-20 2-17 3-15 Post-op 1-20 2-18 3-15 4-14 5-16 6-11 7-12  8-8

9-11 10-7 11-7 12-7 13-8 14-6 15-3 16-7 17-3  18-3

(deactivated member)
on 12/24/15 1:10 pm
VSG on 12/17/15

Thank you Carol I may see if sugar free pudding is on my plan it sounds good. Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays depending on what you celebrate.

paflyersgal
on 12/24/15 5:25 am
VSG on 10/06/15

My doctor allowed me to eat oatmeal and cream of wheat. Quaker Oats makes a Protein high oatmeal. I was told it had slide off my spoon and not stick though, so it had to be watery. But it was a nice change from cream of chicken soup every day for every meal. I ate it maybe once or twice a week just to have something different. I also was allowed sugar free Popsicles. 

Karen

(deactivated member)
on 12/24/15 1:12 pm
VSG on 12/17/15

Oh I rock the sugar free popsicles for sure. Unfortunately oatmeal is not on plan for me yet but I appreciate your suggestions! Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays depending on what you celebrate.

psychoticparrot
on 12/24/15 8:50 am

The post-op liquid stage is tedious, boring, dull, etc. There's only so much you can do to vary the liquids. You just have to get through it. I sympathize. Every time I think about protein shakes, I shudder.

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

(deactivated member)
on 12/24/15 1:16 pm
VSG on 12/17/15

psychoticparrot, I literally just imagined you (as a parrot) shuddering and it gave me a giggle. I actually really don't mind my shakes but I only have one a day (with two scoops of powder) that I sip alternatively with water per my plan so it takes all day to fini**** I knew that answer I would get was just get through it sadly but at least it's just one more week from today. So on New Years Eve maybe at midnight I'll have something pureed since I cannot have a champagne toast. Merry Christmas or Happy holidays depending on what you celebrate. 

psychoticparrot
on 12/24/15 2:18 pm

Thank you! I consider it a great compliment to be thought of as a parrot.

Good luck with your liquids. You're going through the foodiest time of year and have to drink liquids. That sucks. Although it does remove the temptation of overdoing holiday foods. So maybe a Christmas blessing in disguise!

psychoticparrot

(deactivated member)
on 12/26/15 8:07 pm
VSG on 12/17/15

Christmas Eve (when my family does their Christmas dinner) nearly killed me. We have some traditional Swedish dishes and one in particular (potato sausage which is beef, pork and potatoes with spices in a casing) which fried and topped with butter nearly killed me as it had been about 4 months prior to surgery when I last had something fried and the smell was heaven even though I don't like that particular dish. Also ham I really wanted some ham, but I settled for baby food squash with a tiny pat of butter and some salt and pepper to taste. My grandpa lovingly teased me and asked for a bite. I told him "when all you get is 2-3 oz you don't share bites." He just laughed and told me how he can't wait to see the new me and is proud of me and I've always been beautiful but he can't wait to see my delicate features on a smaller me. So it is a blessing but a hard one to swallow (or I guess not swallow as it were).

Most Active
Recent Topics