5 days post op

(deactivated member)
on 1/3/16 3:26 pm
VSG on 12/17/15

Kyzze congratulations on changing your life! Like Loser2542 said you need to focus most on fluids because at this point your body has plenty of stored calories in fat to live off of for awhile and getting dehydrated will land you back in the hospital with possible dire consequences. Not to sound doom and gloom but it's definitely something you should keep in the back of your mind. It will get easier to get protein in as the days go by I'm 17 days out and I hit my water and protein goals almost every day. What I did was put unflavored protein powder (there are several brands but I use biochem because it's less expensive than Unjury which I got at super supplements) in crystal lite (I still do that sometimes) it's 20 grams protein a scoop so a bit on the lower side but if you get a 16 to 20oz bottle you can get two scoops in with the little individual crystal lite packet which is made for 16oz of water and it makes it fruity so it's a nice change from chocolate/vanilla protein and it's not too thick to just sip through the day. Your energy will come back the more you rest, I basically slept straight through the first 2 days and the third day out I was able to go out on a couple hour outing to costco/walmart/dollar store (I didn't drive my mom was taking care of me). I still slept a lot through 6 days out a lot of that was grogginess from pain meds because I did take them for the first weekish, but by a week out it was like the clouds cleared and the angels were singing and I've felt great since. But I had a much easier time than most, I haven't vomited once since surgery, not even dry heaving, my pain since a week out has been minimal and my incisions are healing fantastically. Good luck on your journey!    

Most Active
Recent Topics