5 days post op

kyzze
on 1/3/16 5:39 am
VSG on 12/29/15 with

Hi everyone! Well had my surgery on 12/29 and I've been meaning to post how things went every since then but I have mostly been, well, sleep. Everything tires me out I have no energy. Surgery went great. No complications and hardly any pain. I took some pain meds at hostpital and immediately threw them up and haven't needed any since. I'm sore a little but it is managable. The no energy is a pain, something Im not used to. I mean if I change clothes then I need a nap, if I walk to answer the front door then I need to sit for a bit. I am sure I probably need to take in more protein something I am not doing well with at all. My diet right now consiat of flavored water, popsicles and jello. I tried to eat some pudding and could not fini**** The thought of eating chicken broth makes me want to gag but Im going to try today. Sometimes I will feel really hungry and I know it is because I haven't eaten any protein but then when I try to eat something, I just can't fini**** Right now I am sipping on a SlimFast protein shake witch taste pretty good. Any words of encouragement or suggestions are welcome. Thanks for reading my long post. You guys are awesome!

Kyzze

Loser2542
on 1/3/16 6:02 am

Hang in there, it will get better! Just worry about getting your fluids in at this point. Try out different temperatures to see what works best for you. SF popsicles were a staple for me. The hunger could be from thirst, acid or head hunger. Are you taking anything for acid? If not, talk with your doctor. Best of luck to you!

HW: 388 SW: 240 CW: 172      Surgery Date 11/07/2014     VSG with Dr. Chengelis

kyzze
on 1/3/16 7:31 am
VSG on 12/29/15 with

Thanks

cappy11448
on 1/3/16 6:27 am

Hi,

I had a similar experience, and I started improving around the 5th day.  So I hope you will see an improvement soon.  I did take long naps for several weeks.  But I had my surgery when  I was in my 60's, and I thought that my age contributed to my exhaustion. 

I think our bodies just need the energy for healing, so we need the rest. 

Do  try to get some protein in.  You need it for healing.  I couldn't tolerate sweet protein drinks after surgery, so I put unflavored protein powder in anything I could stir.  Pudding, jello, yogurt, chicken broth.

Best of luck.  It'll get better soon.

Carol

Surgery May 1, 2013. Starting Weight 385,  Surgery Weight 333,  Current Weight 160.  At GOAL!

Weight loss Pre-op 1-20 2-17 3-15 Post-op 1-20 2-18 3-15 4-14 5-16 6-11 7-12  8-8

9-11 10-7 11-7 12-7 13-8 14-6 15-3 16-7 17-3  18-3

Neonanrs
on 1/3/16 7:05 am

Premier protein shake chocolate has 30 grams of protein and taste like chocolate milk.  Take your b12 and chewable multi vit /with iron in the morning with your shake.  Maybe that will help give you an extra boost.  I think once your body gets into the swing of things, burning fat and eating less you may feel a little sluggish but once it gets going watch out

Surgery date 9-23-15, SW: 212 CW: 125

Doctors goal reached in 6 months. Personal goal reached in 11 months

kyzze
on 1/3/16 7:28 am
VSG on 12/29/15 with

Thanks. I will try those.

Tiki3211
on 1/3/16 9:11 am

This is all normal following surgery.  Anesthesia and everything...it's common and it gets better.  I believe Premier Protein...I like the chocolate...has more protein grams than Slim Fast.  Also, I use the Patch MD vitamins.  I could not stomach the chewables so with the help of people on this forum I began using the patches, which I love.  I am 3 months post op and things are on track and I feel fantastic.  P.S. I was never able to get ALL of my fluids in each day...do the best you can.  Good luck on your journey.  BTW...i'm down 53 pounds..woooooo hoooo.

kyzze
on 1/3/16 11:52 am
VSG on 12/29/15 with

Thank you for the suggestion and congrats on your accomplishments.

MaggieL
on 1/3/16 11:20 am
WLS on 11/17/15

Congratulations!  For broth, I poured the broth out of chicken noodles.  I couldn't stand the taste of broth.  It might help.  Good luck!

kyzze
on 1/3/16 11:53 am
VSG on 12/29/15 with

Great idea! Thanks!

Most Active
Recent Topics