2 Days Post Op

Donna L.
on 1/2/16 11:49 am - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

I wonder if you could use a cold pack if you're super sore.  I'd ask the surgeon first definitely, but on my super sore days I did that versus the pain medications.

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

GrumpyBengal
on 1/2/16 12:02 pm
VSG on 12/30/15

Hi guys. I water the yogurt down with a little 2% milk. Makes it thinner. I have been using an nice pack while propped up on the couch. I walk around the house every hour. 

Also been getting bloody noses, not to sure why. 

They didn't give me a binder.  I still have to take my pain meds 3hrs on the dot or I hurt really bad. The bruising looks bad today . Day 3 post op. 

(deactivated member)
on 1/2/16 2:06 pm
VSG on 12/17/15

I got bloody noses too! If they made you be on oxygen it makes sense because that little tube gives you so much oxygen it dries out your sinuses and they bleed. It goes away after about a week at least it did for me.

Anneychin
on 1/2/16 3:28 pm
VSG on 12/10/15

Hi,

I understand what you are going through!  I had such horrible gas pains post op that it made drinking unbearable.   I struggled with getting enough fluids in and goodness knows I tried.  I could not drink 1oz every 15 minutes like the plan stated but once the gas went away which lasted about about four days I was more comfortable and able to drink a whole lot more.  I did try to move around as much as possible and because I have a pretty high threshold for pain I tried to steer clear of the liqud Tylenol only taking it when it got extremely bad.  However everyone is different so if you need the meds then take it.  The pain will get better and your ability to drink more will as well just listen to your body and do what you can :)  best of luck to you!

Preop weight 212 12/03

Surgery day weight 203 12/10

Current weight 184 01/02

Lost 28 pounds

GrumpyBengal
on 1/3/16 2:53 pm, edited 1/3/16 6:54 am
VSG on 12/30/15

Thank you for that. The gas is letting up, I am now 4 days post op & can drink a little more.

Bad breath? Has anyone had this issue? I can brush & then 10 mins later it's like I haven't brushed in a week! Is this normal? 

Most Active
Recent Topics