Regret? Also some TMI lady questions

(deactivated member)
on 12/23/15 3:08 pm
VSG on 12/17/15

Hi Psychoticparrot (love your username btw and curious as to how it came about), I definitely think that if I had more complications I probably would have some "what did I do I ruined my body thoughts". I know not everyone has smooth sailing but all I can do it trust in my God and pray it will keep going well for me. I was in a lot of pain from gas for a few days post op and had a bit of trouble going to the little girls room for a few days until I got some Milk of Magnesia. If that's the worst of it, I would have taken it for longer to no longer be fat, worrying about my health at 28 and feeling like an out of control food addicted monster. Obviously the food addiction hasn't gone away but as Cappy (Carol) often says  when she posts if I don't feed the carb monster it stays buried inside and under control.  Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays depending on what you celebrate!

handtlkr
on 12/23/15 7:34 pm - Gulfport, MS
VSG on 12/17/15

I had my surgery a week ago. Apparently I had gotten dehydrated over the past few days.  I felt absolutely horrible and kept calling the hospital, doctor's office and went to the ER twice.  I was having wound-site bleeding as well, so that was a bit scary.  Never any remorse, although I wondered if I would have that as I was being wheeled into the operating room.  I had created a photo album for me to remind myself why I was doing this and just made my mine up to do this.  I'm very glad I did, although I've had a couple of setbacks.  The ER nurse I had today was extremely helpful in my recovery today and reminded me to get into the support groups. She had had the same surgery by the same surgeon, 3 years ago and looked amazing.  I saw her badge picture and would have never guessed she had ever been so large.

I used to participate in these forums years ago when I was considering lapband surgery, but I'm very glad I chose to go with the sleeve instead.  Since I was almost banded nearly 5 years ago now, I've done a LOT of research and studies on the band and decided it was not for me. 

If anyone would have been remorseful, that normally would have been me.  But, even though I haven't let my extended family in on my experience at all....I have no regrets. 

I've been robbed! My grandbaby stole my heart!  She just raised her hands and I surrendered.

paflyersgal
on 12/23/15 7:26 pm
VSG on 10/06/15

Hello!!

I had huge regret when I came out of my sleep stage in the hospital. I called my boyfriend and cried and asked him why he let me do this and why he didn't try harder to talk me out of it.. (because he did try and than gave up) But... In my defense I was on some good pain meds..  They were giving me Morphine. LOL! The next morning, I felt much better and haven't been happier! I am so happy I made this choice. It's been a life changer and I am only a little over 2 months post-op.

As for the female issue.. The first cycle after surgery, my flow lasted almost two weeks!!! I have always been a 3-5 days kind of girl. As for timing.. My date always changes always has. Octobe 6 I had surgery, got my period around the 21st and it lasted the rest of the month just about. It's was not "normal" for me, very heavy. I took it as surgery trauma/shock. In November, it lasted 7-8 days.. Heavy.. But not as long. So here it is December and it just started and I am hoping it'll go back to my 3-5 days. It's much lighter so far but it's only day number 1. LOL

Best of Luck!!!

Karen

(deactivated member)
on 12/23/15 8:05 pm

ive had 4 full cycles within 1 month of quitting the pill for surgery. At the pureed stage 2 weeks post op surgeon was worried id go anemic and allowed me to go back on the pill. Im just over a month post op and havent had any additional cycle issues since restarting the pill.

No buyers remorse yet....its been slightly bumpy, but totally doable and its only getting better :)

cappy11448
on 12/27/15 5:14 am

Congratulations on your surgery.  I hope you find it as successful and rewarding as I did.

I had no regrets - not a single day.  But I was 385 pounds and my obesity was limiting my life and was going to kill me if I didn't do something. I lost 225 pounds and now I'm a normal weight, healthy and so happy with my sleeve. 

I was post menopausal, so info on that question.

best of luck on your weight loss journey.

Carol

Surgery May 1, 2013. Starting Weight 385,  Surgery Weight 333,  Current Weight 160.  At GOAL!

Weight loss Pre-op 1-20 2-17 3-15 Post-op 1-20 2-18 3-15 4-14 5-16 6-11 7-12  8-8

9-11 10-7 11-7 12-7 13-8 14-6 15-3 16-7 17-3  18-3

Most Active
Recent Topics