Whatcha Eating Today? VSG'ers?

psychoticparrot
on 12/25/15 2:43 pm

I don't normally start this thread, but I thought it would be interesting and educational to see how everyone fared on this traditional day of feasting. 

B: Slice toast, ham

L: Lechon, Brussels sprouts, 5 sips red wine (yes, I counted them)

D: Protein coffee

S: Tangerine, black coffee, gummy vitamins

W&V: Nearly done

E: Opening gifts and washing the dishes after Christmas dinner

Lechon is a Philippine dish. My DIL prepared it by brining a pork belly overnight, then layering over it minced onion, garlic, and lemongrass. She rolled it up, tied it with kitchen twine, and roasted it in the oven. Meltingly delicious pork with a crunchy, crispy skin. Very rich, though. I had about a 3-ounce piece. My one Christmas indulgence (plus the 5 wine sips).

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

cappy11448
on 12/25/15 2:52 pm

This was not  a good day for sticking to plan...

Breakfast  - salmon

Lunch - eggs, potato pancake, 3 sausage links.  one slice bacon and a tiny croissant and butter, of course! - about 500 calories...

Dinner - ham, sweet potatoes, cauliflower, a little mashed potatoes, one dinner roll and butter.

I may give in to another piece of pumpkin pie, but I'm toying with the idea of asking my hubby to throw it away! 

vitamins and water - good

exercise - lots of cooking.

I so rarely allow myself carbs, so I make an exception for holidays.  today was a high carb day!

I hope you are all doing better than I did!

Surgery May 1, 2013. Starting Weight 385,  Surgery Weight 333,  Current Weight 160.  At GOAL!

Weight loss Pre-op 1-20 2-17 3-15 Post-op 1-20 2-18 3-15 4-14 5-16 6-11 7-12  8-8

9-11 10-7 11-7 12-7 13-8 14-6 15-3 16-7 17-3  18-3

rhudson
on 12/25/15 3:30 pm - Melrose Park, IL
VSG on 12/09/14

We did very well today.  I know it's boring, but I'm really proud of us.  I hope everyone is having a wonderful day!

B:  syntrax nectar protein drink

L:  baked veal and green beans

D:  chicken marsala and green beans

W & V:  on track

E:  over 11,000 steps so far today

Surgery Date: 12/9/14 - Highest Weight: 349 - Surgery Weight: 305 - Current Weight: 137
Goal reached in 13 months - 212 total pounds lost including pre-op
(M1: -20) (M2: -18) (M3: -11) (M4: -11) (M5: -14) (M6: -1) (M7: -18) (M8: -7) (M9: -15)

(M10: -13) (M11: -7) (M12: -10) (M13: -10) (M14 -6) (M15: -7) - 168 lbs lost post-op

TerriLMac
on 12/25/15 7:41 pm

I've never responded to this, but will give it a shot on this Christmas Day!

B:  Unjury protein shake, chocolate splendor (my fav)

S:  One poached egg, one piece bacon

L:  Oikos Triple Zero Greek Yogurt, banana cream (while at the movie, everyone else was eating popcorn)

S:  One brown sugar spritz Christmas cookie (they contain very little sugar and are tiny)

D:  Prime rib (about 8 bites) and 3 bites of broccoli

V:  On Track

E:  None today, but I play tennis tomorrow at 10:00 a.m.

The prime rib tasted amazing, even though I can still only eat about 6 to 8 bites of such a dense protein meat.  This was an especially great Christmas because today I hit 50 pounds lost.  I feel great!

Terri

VSG on 10-21-15  \  5'8" \ surgery weight 268  \  today's weight 218  \  goal weight 160

Neesie57
on 12/25/15 10:55 pm
VSG on 08/04/15

Today was my worst day since surgery 4 months ago, and I'm kind of ok with it.  Tomorrow I can start back on high protein, and get the bad taste of sugar out of my mouth.

B: crustless quiche with fruit and creme freshe

L: crap, sweets and other carb loaded food

D: more awful stuff and crap to go with it

Can't wait to start over tomorrow with protein first and everything measured and weighed

5' 5" tall. VSG on August 4, 2015/ Starting weight 239.9/ Surgery weight 210.9/ Current weight 137.4/ Goal weight 140/ No longer overweight, now a NORMAL weight. Now that I'm at goal, it's time to move on to maintenance!!!!!!!!

Tink3125
on 12/26/15 5:22 pm
VSG on 12/01/15

I love Lechon! Lived in the Philippines for 3 years. There were many foods that I learned to love!

psychoticparrot
on 12/26/15 8:23 pm

My DIL is a Filipina. She makes a pork and chicken adobo to die for. And flan. And halo-halo. Did you ever try the balut, "the treat with feet"? It's very sleeve-friendly! 

psychoticparrot

Tink3125
on 12/27/15 2:25 pm
VSG on 12/01/15

love chicken adobo! (would love her recipe) I was at a birthday party over there and was introduced to balut...would say that I was shocked when I tried it..and never ate it again. LOL

Lechon, lumpia and adobo were my favorite and the pork sticks that you could get like 50 of for $5.00 at the corner store.

Tink

psychoticparrot
on 1/1/16 2:22 pm

Took a while to find my DIL's adobo recipe, but here it is:

Chicken and Pork Adobo

1. 1/2 cup white or cider vinegar
  2. 1/2 cup water
  3. 2 tablespoons peeled and crushed garlic
  4. 3 bay leaves
  5. 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
  6. 4 pieces of chicken (breast, thigh or drumstick), hacked into 2-inches pieces (butcher can do this if you don't have a cleaver)
  7. 1 pound pork belly or butt, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes, or thick cuts of pork chops with a little fat in them, cut into cubes)
  8. 1 cup soy sauce
  9. 1 tablespoon brown sugar (optional)
  10. 5 whole black peppercorns
  11. Juice from 2 lemons

You can use either your favorite chicken pieces (thighs and legs are frequently used) or "hack" one whole chicken. Hacking refers to cutting a whole chicken into small pieces with the bone still in. Leaving the bone in the pieces helps to retain moisture and shape. You do not want to make this dish with boneless chicken. In a large pot combine all the ingredients, cover and bring to a boil for about 10-15 minutes. Turn the meat and boil for another 10-15 minutes. Lower the heat and simmer covered for 20 minutes. Remove the cover and continue cooking until sauce is reduced by half. While the sauce continues to cook, frequently turn the meat until the pieces are brown. Remove bay leaves before serving. The adobo is traditionally served over white rice.

Most Active
Recent Topics