Lying about surgery?

happyteacher
on 12/23/15 1:51 pm

The hernia thing makes sense, and remember- it is nobodys business anyway. If it ever does leak out though, then it is time to be very transparent by saying that it was a lot of pressure/concern of being judged for avoiding that path. I never told work, but did tell family. Once you get far enough out people do stop asking. Just be prepared to explain how you lost the weight. It is very helpful that you already took of 100 pounds, so it will just look like a continuation of what was already working. 

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Atlanta_Forever
on 12/24/15 4:32 pm
VSG on 03/17/14

This is your decision....period. Trust your instincts.

Everyone decides how they will handle this aspect of having WLS. No one on this board can tell you what's "right" or "wrong", it's your call. You are the only person that knows if those around you will be supportive or not. 

Being active here or on other site/groups is a great way to gather information. Just be aware that this is one of those topics that people can get emotional and in some cases judgmental.

I did not share my surgery information with coworkers because I knew that was the correct thing for me to do. Now, almost two years post op and 130 pounds lighter, I am 100% certain I made the right decision...for me.

Good luck to you!

boudiceatx
on 1/5/16 6:41 pm

I told my immediate family the whole truth.  I told people at work I was having a hernia repair which was also true.  I don't owe anyone my medical history.  It's really not anyone's business.  I have zero regrets about keeping it quiet at work.  When they ask about weight loss, I just say I eat less than I used to.  I'm a private person, and I don't care to share my business.  Do what you're comfortable with.  You don't owe your co-workers your medical history.

Most Active
Recent Topics