3 Month post-op and feeling good, but...

OnTway2Healthy
on 12/21/15 9:27 pm

Thank you everyone *****plied, and gave GREAT advise! I lowered my Cal intake today to 835 and proteins came to 99g.  I need to balance my foods more. I know after working out that I'm really hungry, so Ill have a half Quest protein bar.  I hope I didn't stretch my new tummy out while eating to many cals.

If anyone would mind, can you send a daily example of what you eat during a day. I just wanna make sure I'm thinking right and eating the right foods. Thanks

Today my food consisted of Breakfast: 1egg,1eggwhite,2 slices of turkey bacon.  Lunch: 3oz chicken
Snacks: 1/2C mixed berries, 3oz of homemade chili  Dinner: 3oz Beef tips & 3oz roasted Cauliflower
Late night: Orange    ( I work late shift so Im up very late)

Thanks!!

OnTway2healthy

Tracy D.
on 12/22/15 11:01 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Calories are high, in my opinion, and I wouldn't be eating fruit at all until I got to maintenance.  Fruit IS sugar regardless if it's "healthy" and is a poor choice for those of us who are carb-sensitive, insulin resistant or outright Type II diabetics.  

You should be tracking your carbs as well as your protein.  Keep the carbs for the day to 40 grams or below and you will start losing weight again at a better clip.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

OnTway2Healthy
on 12/22/15 8:47 pm

Im not diabetic, but im having such a hard time keeping my cals to below 1000. My protein is 100+ carbs

are below 30g

I guess I have to be patient and hope I reach my goal.

OnTway2healthy

Tiki3211
on 12/28/15 9:33 am

I agree with most who have replied....600 to 800 calories and reduce the protein to between 60-80 gms per day.  I'm 3 months out too and have lost 52 lbs...just had my 3 month follow up and was told i'm on track.  We all have stalls...it's part of the game...be positive, it will all work out.

happyteacher
on 12/28/15 11:08 am, edited 12/28/15 3:10 am

My calorie**** that level at about month 5, and I exercised A LOT! I used to also average about 110 g of protein or so at that level, and feel that it did help me make it to goal. I would dial it back though given you are only 3 months out. Also, I am 6'2'' tall so I assume my caloric needs are higher than a more normal sized woman. 

Edited to add: I did eat fruit and veggies during the weight loss phase. Protein first, and be sure to stick to veggies and fruit that is low on the glycemic index. Track what you eat and then note what it does to you. For example, I can eat an apple without it causing cravings. I cannot eat a bowl of steel cut oatmeal with no added sugar without it decimating my eating for the day. 

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Most Active
Recent Topics