Just got over my first stall!

(deactivated member)
on 12/20/15 6:58 am

At 9 weeks out from being sleeved, I hit my very first stall. Two weeks at the same weight. Ugh.

I went through all the thoughts I swore I would try to avoid. The 'this surgery isn't working for me' and 'maybe this is all I'll lose' and 'maybe my metabolism is completely broken' etc... But finally, after two weeks of nothing (although I know so many people have to put up with MUCH longer stalls) the scale started moving. This week alone I'm down 7 pounds!

So this is just a little message to anybody stuck in a stall right now and feeling miserable. Hang on! Stick to the program and it'll work!

(Happy rant complete!)

LilyFlower
on 12/20/15 12:20 pm
VSG on 12/10/15

Congratulations to you and thanks for the reminder.  I'm very new and only got sleeved last week but am very familiar with stalls and truly dreading a stall now that I've had surgery.  The stalls WILL happen, so best to prepare myself now and know that if I continue to do the right thing, they can't last forever!

knitandpurl
on 12/20/15 8:56 pm

I'm in my first stall and I'm only a week and 3 days out from surgery!! Lucky duck!

lking
on 12/26/15 6:14 am - Indianapolis, IN
RNY on 12/04/15

I know exactly how you are feeling.  I am 3 weeks out and have been in a stall for 2 1/2 of those weeks.  Honestly, it didn't bother me too much in the beginning but now it's messing with my head.  But the good patient I am, I will continue to forge ahead hoping some day the damn scale will move downward.

67 yrs old, 4'10", BMI 31.8 (51.8 at start), HW 256.4 (8/4/15), SW 217.4, CW 152.8 (4/30/18), GW 125.0, RNY 12/4/15 Dr. RoseMarie Jones, Breast Cancer DX 2/16, Bi-lateral mastectomy 8/9/16.

Most Active
Recent Topics