Getting Jacked! (progress pic)

Tink3125
on 12/21/15 4:31 pm
VSG on 12/01/15

Holy cow what a transformation! That's some motivation for us getting started on this journey!

Tink

Nikke2003
on 12/21/15 6:56 pm - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

The hard work is paying off, well done!

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

deno
on 12/21/15 7:03 pm

Hey Peter,

I am impressed. Wow. Congratulatuon. Its really amaizing. 

I am 400lb too and I am working to do the VSG soon. I have two question if you don't mind.

How long it took you to get rid of 200lb and, did the workout removed the loose skin?

I wish you the best

D.

justpete
on 12/21/15 7:36 pm
VSG on 04/02/13

I lost the 200lb in one year being 100% invested in the process.  tracking everything every day.  walking every day for the first 6 months, then alternating between circuit training type workouts in the gym and walking for next 6 months.   feel free to add me on myfitnesspal if you want to go back and see my process with the food.  high protein, high fiber diet.  peterocksthesleeve is my usename.

Exercise ... or anything else you do does NOTHING for your skin.  how much it retracts is genetics and how long and how far it was stretched out.  It does lessen a bit with time, elasticity of skin has a time component ... but really nothing you can do about it.  But trust me, it's a billion times better with loose skin than being overweight.  I can do so much more activity and stamina .. and the skin, well can hide most of it in clothes ... plus being a guy, it's a lot easier to fill out the skin in the arms and chest (and butt too if you can manage it!) by adding muscle.  if you see in the pic, my arms ... there is almost no lose skin, jsut a few tiny centimetres in the armpit.  rest is full of muscle!  :)

HW: 407   Final Appointment : 376   Pre-op Diet Start: 367   SW: 350 (Apr2/2013) Add me on MFP

Hislady
on 12/21/15 7:07 pm - Vancouver, WA

You have my sympathy, prednisone sucks! Was on it for 2 yrs and it screwed my bones up bad! Had all kinds of nasty side effects. Hope you don't have to be on it for too long.

justpete
on 12/21/15 7:29 pm
VSG on 04/02/13

ya I was on it for nearly 3 years when I was first diagnosed with my liver issues.  my back is caput.  3 collapsed and many fractured vertebrae.  plus it's all bent and twisted.  really worried what more damage this round will do to me, but less weight on me and they say that lifting weights and walking is the best thing you can do to combat the bone weakening ... so I'm doing that for certain!

HW: 407   Final Appointment : 376   Pre-op Diet Start: 367   SW: 350 (Apr2/2013) Add me on MFP

(deactivated member)
on 12/22/15 12:00 am
VSG on 12/17/15

I'm sorry to hear about your health, and I hope you're feeling better soon. Holy cow you are jacked, no joke! Your weight loss and muscle gain is super inspiring. 

diane S.
on 12/26/15 11:04 am

Great job Pete. Impressive guns.  Sorry you have to do the prednisone. wish there was an easier fix for you. but being rid of 200 lbs is so worth it.  all the best.   diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Most Active
Recent Topics