Laparoscopic surgery with multiple scars and adhesions

Dorfie44
on 12/18/15 3:06 pm

Need to know if anyone out there was able to have the sleeve done laparoscopically after have many many abdominal surgeries. 

(deactivated member)
on 12/18/15 3:29 pm

I think that is one of the times where the Dr may not know what he can do till he gets in there. Sometimes laproscopic has to be converted to open.

Donna L.
on 12/18/15 3:42 pm - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

I had three open abdominal surgeries and there were very minimal/almost no adhesions.  I also have a big piece of mesh from a hernia repair.  Despite both, they completed my VSG laproscopically.  No one knows for any specific case until they go in and see.

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

Dorfie44
on 12/18/15 6:50 pm

So glad to hear that! I knew if he got in there he might not be able to do it and that would be my worst nightmare. He seemed pretty optimistic but I appreciated hearing from someone that actually succeeded. Thanks for your answer.

Most Active
Recent Topics