Surgery date changed

Mamba
on 12/18/15 10:38 am - Middlesboro, KY
VSG on 01/15/16

My Dr's nurse just to called to inform me that because I changed my mind about the lapband I would have a different surgery date. She said they have to resend everything to my insurance for approval for the sleeve. I'm a little disappointed, I've been on the liquid diet for 2 weeks now. She told me to go back to a regular diet until they hear back from my insurance. Feeling kinda bummed, but she said it would be sometime in January. 

C J
on 12/18/15 12:31 pm - , TN

I know you are disappointed, but you will be so glad that you didn't get a band!!!!!!  WORST. EXPERIENCE. EVER.  From what I understand, the sleeve is worth waiting for.  My surgery is Jan 20, and I wish I had chosen sleeve FIRST!!!!!

CJ

Living > Existing

256/231/135

Mamba
on 12/18/15 12:48 pm - Middlesboro, KY
VSG on 01/15/16

Yea I'm glad I changed my mind about the band. After all the revision stories I read there's no way I'd go that route. Hopefully they'll get an answer from my insurance soon, but I know I'll be worth the wait. 

Sandra F.
on 12/18/15 1:49 pm

I know you are disappointed but it is definitely better to wait and get what you want then end up with something that many people have had issues with.  Good luck to you on getting a date quickly!

cappy11448
on 12/19/15 4:06 am

Hi Mamba,

I know its disappointing to have a delay, but I think you will be so much happier and more successful with the sleeve. 

One suggestion is to use your time presurgery to start the process. 

My program had me start eating as I would after surgery, in order to establish the habits I'd need to succeed after surgery.  This included eating only 3 to 4 ounces of protein per meal, eating dense protein first, and filling up on low carb veggies, eating small bites, eating slowly, avoiding liquids around meal times etc.  I lost a lot of weight before surgery by doing this. 

Truthfully, you don't have to wait for the surgery to begin the weight loss.  I also found that going low carb before the surgery made the transition to the liquid diet less stressful. 

Best of luck.  I hope you love your sleeve as much as I love mine.

Carol

Surgery May 1, 2013. Starting Weight 385,  Surgery Weight 333,  Current Weight 160.  At GOAL!

Weight loss Pre-op 1-20 2-17 3-15 Post-op 1-20 2-18 3-15 4-14 5-16 6-11 7-12  8-8

9-11 10-7 11-7 12-7 13-8 14-6 15-3 16-7 17-3  18-3

Mamba
on 12/19/15 4:49 am - Middlesboro, KY
VSG on 01/15/16

Thank you so much. That is a great ideal! 

NotUrOrdinaryLivin
on 12/22/15 8:48 am - Middlesboro, KY

Oh no! :/ Well, it will all work out for the best I am sure. I know you are bummed. I would be too! I am bummed right now but only because the place I wanted to go to doesnt take my insurance and I canceled my appt for the seminar. So I can only imagine how you feel! January isnt far away though! Yay!

Most Active
Recent Topics